two new "features"

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

the new version of our admin plugin has a couple new features. what do you guys think? should they stay, go, or what?

if you've never seen it, hop on the server. everything is turned on temporarily, but we'll see whether or not it stays. vote up.

I like the bounty idea :) I don't like the betting one too much since you have to be dead to bet.. and.. you can bet like 1 second before the round ends.. It's fun though.. i got to bet once and i lost! >_<

oh great so now everyone is gonna wanna kill me. thanks john i knew you had it in for me.

just playing the bounty thing sounds like fun.

betting should just be on say on the week at nights so it can maybe help keep the server full i dont know. lets try it out and see what the crowd thinks.

john maybe do a message that pops up everynow and then like we have for the rules and what not. saying something like

do you like betting, if so tell your admins or something like that.

GC Alumni
john maybe do a message that pops up everynow and then like we have for the rules and what not. saying something like

do you like betting, if so tell your admins or something like that.

do ya one better.

if you type 'vote' ingame, it brings you here through the steam web browser. there's a couple other goodies in there, too.

nevermind. for some reason the forums aren't "scrollable" in the steam browser.

in other boring news, all player settings are now defaulted to off. if you'd like to turn them on, type 'settings' in chat.

I think the betting and bounty features make the game a little more interesting. Not only do they give the losing team a small helping hand, but they also add something new to the same old CS:S grind. Now if there was a way to disable betting when the 30 second mark on the round timer hit, it would be excellent.

(edited)

my vote no to betting and for sure a no to the bounty. makeing players with skill glow means players with skill leave cause they are now an eazy targets cause they glow. betting offsets money so much it will realy mess with team balancing it not to hard to tell witch team is going to win most of the time and u can just sit there and rack in the cash now even if u have no skill u can own cause u have 16000 and a autorifle. money is balanced the way it is cause its part of the balance to upset that balance is to break the game.

I have seen 2 people leave cause they are glowing because they where owning.

Edited by FORZ

(edited)

ITs just me john i just like stock cs no extra money things no glowing people just plain jane stock cs the way it was ment to be played...

all we need is a couple more votes to shut down bounty guys lets get back to stock west the way it's ment to be played not bounty west.

Edited by FORZ

my vote no to betting and for sure a no to the bounty. makeing players with skill glow means players with skill leave cause they are now an eazy targets cause they glow. betting offsets money so much it will realy mess with team balancing it not to hard to tell witch team is going to win most of the time and u can just sit there and rack in the cash now even if u have no skill u can own cause u have 16000 and a autorifle. money is balanced the way it is cause its part of the balance to upset that balance is to break the game.

I have seen 2 people leave cause they are glowing because they where owning.

yah..... and to that note....

peeps can sit around not buy anything bet and win almost triple the other team if bet early and the winning side, then you have the issue of them buying guns for the whole team.

And I had alot of pubbers say they don't like the way the server is set up now...... they enjoyed the server for it's bare roots. So...... stock is in the server name, we keeping it stock or what???

Edited by s|im smi|ey

I don't like the bets since the players who don't try can still buy expensive guns, and it's a cheap way to make money. However, the bounties are pretty good, since I notice they only appear for the top players who get kill streaks, and often they're all on the same team, so it's only fair that the disadvantaged team gets more cash when they kill the top players to offset the inbalance. I'm sure many of you notice that when one team wins and starts collecting lots of cash the other team usually keeps losing until 5 rounds later when they've saved enough cash for awps or otherwise. I think the bounty thing works well for maps that are often disliked such as dust or assault, or maps where one team is dominating the other.

Bounty isn't that bad, I mean if we're so good and get killed, then good for the other guy right? It gets boring when a team dominates the map with superior weapons, positions, or skill, or any combination of the above.

Bounty Yes, Betting No if you ask me.

More incentive for killing good players is a good thing.

Giving free money (from obvious winnings from team stack and whatnot) is not. Why? It takes the challenge out of forcing players to deal with having less money (having to buy weaker/less effective guns). And if they can't deal with having weaker guns, then the map will be over quicker when the dominant side slaughters the weaker side.

GC Alumni

BETS ARE OFF

bounty is still on. please discuss bounty. further discussion about bets will drive me insane. driving me insane can only be cured through me abusing you with admin.

<john ma_teleports into admin dojo to practice ma_timebombs>

what if the really good player kills all the really good players of the other side??? what then??? i say bounty and betting off.

Then the money goes to him and the balance doesn't shift (assuming the server hasn't evolved to where teammates share $$). I'd rather face a team with 1 great player with lots o' cash than 1 great player PLUS another well stocked individual.

I havent had time to play since these additions but I have a question. Can you set the betting or bounty to just certain random rounds or is it every round. If you could set it too come up every once in a while then people cant plan on it and try to work the system for more money. Just a thought.

dEL

GC Alumni

i can't find anything that makes me think i can control per round or by certain criteria. the extent of that is using the scheduler to setup windows of time....but that's like from 3pm-5pm, not when a team is down 5-0.

people were clearly exploiting the betting system last night. taking that into account and the vote in hear, it's outta here.

Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guest Dude-
Guests
(edited)

I mean to come on the forum more often, but I dont too much time for it.

However, I do have time to say...I dislike the new features very much. And even though betting is done, and Im stoked, Ill continue as if it wasnt to voice my opinion cause according to me, my opinion matters.

One of the big reasons why I am so stoked on this server and your guys operation, is that its straight counterstrike. There is no stupid trash talk, there are admins, good maps, and...no betting or bounty!

A huge part of this game is the strategy of buying and not buying. Its an ESSENTIAL part of real match play too. Allowing a bank or a bounty seriously changes the game and the overall attitude. I know this game is fun and thats why I play...but I also enjoy this game because its somewhat serious in a sense. I picked this server to play on, because it did not have betting or bounty or anything of those plugins I dislike so much.

I propose that if people must have these new features, do not make it 24/7. I suggest doing a 1 night out of the week thing, like a Thursday bounty night. You are able to please both parties to some degree...but this server thrives because its straight counter-strike with no crap. Ill go as far to say...you will probably lose me as a regular if either one of these things go into permanent effect. Im aware I am only one person and Im aware some people dont like playing with me anyways, but I would really be disapointed with GC if that had to happen.

PS. The purple bounty players especially annoys me

Edited by Dude-

GC Alumni

bounty is off, bets are off.

i'd be up to hearing some ideas about bounty for certain nights, or better yet, a way to incorporate it into a specialty night. hmmm. i wonder i if i can make it reward in burritos instead of dollars.

it was (sorta) fun while it lasted, but west just doesn't feel like west with either of these turned on.

type 'settings' in chat next time you connect. have fun :D

I don't see what's wrong with bounties, since it's almost impossible to choose who you're looking for to kill. That being said, if he does kill you, it's either going to be either you slipping up or him landing a good shot.

Either way, John needs to deliver on those burritos. :D