Rules on Demo

Gond

4.60d Demos

Participants are required to record first-person demos of all league matches. If a formal complaint or dispute is made; players will be asked to immediately upload their demos following their WD match. League administrators will review demos. If a player fails to upload their demo, a match win may be nullified and result in a replay or forfeit as well as suspension or expulsion of players. If a player fails to record a demo, but a suitable HLTV demo is found and submitted, that will be sufficient to meet the demo requirements, although the player will face individual penalties for failure to record a demo. Penalties may include probation, suspension or removal from the league for repeat offenses. Penalties will be addressed on a case by case basis and may change from what is posted depending on the situation.

Ummm...I don't even know how to record a demo. Won't this be difficult on slower machines? My machine freaks out when I do a screen shot.

well as far as the demo goes not really sure i have a 600mhz and it doesnt seem to effect it.you can stop by there forums and put that question out and see what there responce is if not ill bring it upwhen talking to them.recording demos is a standard practice in league play and might be something you will just need to deal with.

lemme put it to you this way.

if i record a demo and you record a demo and hltv records a demo.

there is no difference.

if i make a read only tap into my lan and record the packets and replay them thru the hl enging to create a demo, there is no difference.

what part of no difference dont they get.

if 32 people record a demo of the same match, there will be no difference.

now ... automatically taking a snapshot and providing those...well thats different, that would catch the models the player is using/seeing, otherwise, the demo is rendered by the computer playing the demo.

follow me?

lemme put it to you this way.

if i record a demo and you record a demo and hltv records a demo.

there is no difference.

if i make a read only tap into my lan and record the packets and replay them thru the hl enging to create a demo, there is no difference.

what part of no difference dont they get.

if 32 people record a demo of the same match, there will be no difference.

now ... automatically taking a snapshot and providing those...well thats different, that would catch the models the player is using/seeing, otherwise, the demo is rendered by the computer playing the demo.

follow me?

i understand nothing but it seems like a good idea go to their forums and see if you can convince them of that.Maybe that will be the standard thing we all can use.

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

there is huge difference, personal demos are the way to go when disputing hacking claims. HLTV doesnt show scoping, doesnt show sound properly. You won't notice that its even recording. Its a rule thats required in most leagues and its a good idea. Also just make sure when you record that there is no one talking, because if they do talk as you start the record you computer will freeze and the demo becomes corrupt.

if that is true...and i wouldnt expect moss to speak up otherwise. then i can see the demo rule. i dont use scopes. i never awp and i never ssg scoped. so i actually wouldnt have known that.

wonder if you could have the(a) spectator record and turn off spectator talk so it doesnt screw em up?

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

yah another reason is that slow motion crap that comes on distorts sound and what not. HLTV is unreliable, plus watching your demos after the match can help you learn what you did right or what you did wrong, or what the team could do to improve

Yup, I'm sure they would have a problem using HLTV especially when you can't see someone sniping with the AWP. I don't know why it doesn't show scopes but that sure would be an issue if a team thought another was cheating.