Dennis

Went and saw this today, thought it was pretty good but for those of you who know the comics will be very angry thats all i have to say. After more people see this we can discuss spoilers.

SPOILLLLLEERRR DONT READ-------------

ok first off I liked it.

but does anyone know why brian singer did not direct 3?

I think he would have done a better job.

Magneto still reigns!!!!

in the fight seen between the x men and the bad mutants there was a conflict within me that mutants just were lame. not enough powers being displayed. Instead it came to pretty much a good ol bar room brawl :)

if magneto really wanted to kill them couldn't he have just dropped the whole golden gate bridge on top of alcatraz???

I don't know the comic series too well but I have to say wolv killing jean was kinda heart wrenching as I felt sad that one main character killed another. A bit dark for a story. I like that....but it saddned me.

I love the end....Magneto lives!!!!

and after the credits...I missed it but heard about xavier???

can anyone fill me in please....pretty please...

Aug

(edited)

Magneto still reigns!!!!

in the fight seen between the x men and the bad mutants there was a conflict within me that mutants just were lame. not enough powers being displayed. Instead it came to pretty much a good ol bar room brawl :)

if magneto really wanted to kill them couldn't he have just dropped the whole golden gate bridge on top of alcatraz???

I don't know the comic series too well but I have to say wolv killing jean was kinda heart wrenching as I felt sad that one main character killed another. A bit dark for a story. I like that....but it saddned me.

I love the end....Magneto lives!!!

*******************SPOILER********************

Yeah, I kinda felt that the X-Men could've brought in some way better mutants. Honestly Kitty was there for pure comedy, "DONT YOU KNOW WHO I AM!! I'm THE JUGGERNAUT witch." Why didnt they bring Kurt Wagner? Or ever Jubilee could have done a better job than Kitty.

******************SPOILER**********************

Also, Magneto didnt really want to kill the X-Men, and he didnt know that they were going to resist until they did. And even then, he still doesnt want to kill a fellow mutant.

*******************BIG SPOILER************************

And dude, MAGNETO IS ALIVE AND WELL!!! Im sooooo happy :lol2: ROOM FOR AN X4!!

Edited by Chimmpp

Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guest zerodamage
Guests
and after the credits...I missed it but heard about xavier???

can anyone fill me in please....pretty please...

Aug

If you remember the part where Xavier was tellign the chilldren about the man without a concsiounse and what would they do in the case of taking over other people's bodies. Well at the very end after the credits, Xavier's voice calls out for that doctor and you see it is that old man from that video. She says " Charles?" and it goes black.

That is it.

Chimmpp,

With the death of cyclops and what not, I imagine they will be moving the x-men series more towards the new x-men characters. (dread)

Anyone else kept wondering why Gandolf was making such long speaches? lol

Chimmpp,

With the death of cyclops and what not, I imagine they will be moving the x-men series more towards the new x-men characters. (dread)

Anyone else kept wondering why Gandolf was making such long speaches? lol

Yeah, I know a new movie would have to be based more towards the new generation, which will be sweet, cause thats where a bunch of the sweet powers are. And they will probably also be more towards a war between the X-Men and the Brotherhood.

*******SPOILERS******************

ok now i personally think it was stupid that they killed jean, cyclops and rogue not having powers anymore, they just ruined it for me. if singer had still done it instead of doing superman it would have been good and i bet they wouldnt have died. cant believe they went away from the comics........

SPOILER*********************************

##############################

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not only does Scott not have powers, he's kinda... dead :=

I thought it was pretty good for an action/superhero movie, but for an X-Men movie, it strayed too far away from the comic to me. I missed the thing after the credits, though, so thanks, ZD.

I don't like Ian McKellen as a bad guy- he's too good at it and it makes me not like him. And I don't want to not like Gandalf. But yay for Magneto and his skillz that can't be stopped. Mustard swears he didn't see the chess piece wobble, but I did!

I haven't seen eiter Xmen or X2 so I didn't know what to expect. I didn't even ever read the comics. All I went for is special effects and they were pretty amazing. Of course there's a bunch of coulda shoulda with this many superpowers of everyone but overall it was a decent plot.

3/4 Stars

I liked it, but it felt a little rushed. I think that the new characters added were pretty weak. I liked Juggernaut and Angel, but they didnt use them enough. Beast was cool also, but the rest of the new characters were not even important X-Men characters in the comics and were very poor choices on the film makers part.

since when was Kitty Pride not an important character? Collossus? Callisto? I wish they had gone more into Iceman's story...he's one of the coolest and most powerful Xmen...but Wolverine has more money making potential.

since when was Kitty Pride not an important character? Collossus? Callisto? I wish they had gone more into Iceman's story...he's one of the coolest and most powerful Xmen...but Wolverine has more money making potential.

I said NEW characters. Kitty and Collossus are not new. Kitty was in X1&2 and Collossus was in X2.

Well, I saw it twice. Franny made me go a second time cause he liked the special effects so much. We stayed after the credits as some of you pointed out, but that stuff didn't make much sence...

(edited)

Having been reading Marvel X-titles for 2 decades, I thought X-3 was a bunch of crap. Below is my post on another web forum (cuz I'm too lazy to type it all again) so you will se me reference "other people's comments" that were never made. Most of it is just my rant against the movie though. (I've attempted to edit out all the expletives. I apologize if I have missed any).

********************SPOILER BELOW********************

Having read the X-titles for the past 2 decades, I hated X3. If I didn't have any knowledge of the Marvel Universe, I probably would have thought it just ok.

Just commenting on a few of the comments made and things I hated about the movie...spoilers to be expected.

Juggernaut is not a mutant. He got his powers/abilities from an ancient crystal. He also happens to be the step-brother of Charles Xavier (His name is Cain Marko though). Normally, the way he was captured was the X-men would somehow remove both his helmets (he has the dome shaped one that everyone sees and then another smaller, form-fitting one). His helmets shield him from Xavier's power. Once removed, Xavier would just mentally command Kain to be frozen. Also, as said, Leech's power shouldn't have sapped Juggernaut's. The "I'm the Juggernaut *itch", in disagreeing with the other poster, was one of the lamest attempts at satisfying the Interweb fanboys. Also also, Kitty Pryde sinking Juggernaut into the floor should have did a lot more damage than it did, i.e., fusing his lower body molecules with the floor molecules and most likely, killing Juggernaut. I love Vinnie Jones as an actor, but Juggernaut looked like a moron. I'm not sure they could have made it a worse character if that was their intent.

The only power I saw Psylocke use was the ability to turn invisible (or chameleon-like transform her appearance to her surroundings). Again, from my "I've been reading this stuff for years cuz I like it, not so you can make a movie and *bleep* it all up" perspective, Psylocke shouldn't have been asian. Originally, she was British, being the kid sister of Captain Britain, and she didn't develop her Psyblades til after her body was transformed into the asian one.

Cyclops did die (someone said we never saw it). When he was in the grips of the Phoenix (don't get me started on how they've screwed her history up), you could see him disintegrate in the reflection of his glasses.

Jamie Madrox...is an X-men...should have been one in this movie...sad.

Callisto had speed power and could sense mutant levels? Can't really remember what powers Callisto had in the comics. I don't recall her ever using them unless they were increased reflexes-type stuff, but I do know that they weren't speed powers. And mutant detecting was Caliban's power (Calisto, in the comics was the leader of the Morlocks, a group of outcast mutants who felt safer detaching from humanity and living their life out in the tunnels below New York. In the comic, Caliban was another Morlock, who later, with Leech and Slide, joined X-Factor).

Ok, in X2, Wolverine gets shot in the head and is unconscious for a minute or so while his healing factor is expelling the bullet but in X3, the Phoenix is sandblasting (for lack of a better term) his skin off like crazy and his healing factor is going toe to toe with that? How about a little continuity? The Phoenix force is an entity of nature. She/it destroyed a whole star system with a blink of her/it's eye but she can't take down one crazy mutant? Also, why not just TK him off the ground? He can't keep coming forward if he can't touch the ground. I know, my friends have said "It's cuz Jean sub-consiously wanted Wovlie to end her life and her death rampage". I still don't see it. In her Phoenix persona, she killed her lover and her mentor (who was like a father to her). Why would she give a rat's butt about a man she'd known for maybe 2-3 months?

Ok, enough on that rant. I could go on but it all comes back to the fact that, while X1 and X2 did stray from the comic timeline some, for the most part, it was restrained. X3 just threw all that out the window and was more about special effects than having a decent storyline that was respectful, if not truer, to the Marvel continuum.

BTW, I heard the reason why they changed directors was 1) they wanted Singer to make changes to appease the interweb fanboys and he wouldn't do it and 2) they wanted him to move up the production/release to go against the new Superman movie and he didn't want to compromise just to reach a deadline. Turns out though that after he left and went to the Superman production the Superman people pushed back it's release because the X-people did this.

Edited by dwEEziL

Thank you Dweezil!

Just to add a little to what you said:

***************SPOILERS****************

-------------------------------------------------------

Ill go in the same order you did.

Juggernaut is Charles frikken stepbrother! In X3 it didnt even look as though they had even seen each other! Juggernauts power comes from a gem that held the power of Cyttorak. And the gem had on it an inscription saying something like, "Whomever touches this gem, shall get the power of Cyttorak, and forever become a human juggernaut." Now that isnt a mutation, that is magic, so Leech should not have any effect on him, nor should the cure. So Juggernaut could have effectively been the only one Magneto sent out, instead of saying the stuff about pawns in chess*** going first, and if Juggernaut did go into the battle alone, he could have had the potential to kill everyone! The guards wouldnt have been able to do anything, because they were only armed with cure weapons, and he was already able to kill wolverine when they first faced off, the only one that might have been able to kill him, might have been kitty because of what you said. (Just forgot about what I was talking about, but I think thats what I was going to say about that.)

Ill pass on talking about Psylocke, and Cyclop's death.

Something that made me kinda mad, is about how they screwed up Jean Grey, and The Pheonix's stories. This could potentially be a full essay, but ill try to make it short. The Pheonix force is not Jean Grey's sub-conscious mind. But is an alien force, that takes the form of Jean's body, and traps Jean in a cocoon, at the bottom of a lake. And while Jean is trapped, the Pheonix force poses as her on earth.

Ill skip to Callisto. Her character was really screwed up in X3. The only powers Callisto has are just the five senses that humans have, but enhanced abunch. The Callisto showed in the movie must have been a mix of... possible Quicksilver, and Caliban.

And finally, I was just perplexed that Wolverine could regenerate that fast. I know you mentioned the bullet to the head in X2, but also the things like... when he is in the fight with Lady Deathstrike, and the first time she slashes him in the face, Im pretty sure he cracks his neck like always, and then it takes like 3-5 seconds for the scars to fully heal.

Im done :halo:

I'll admit that there was definitely some things wrong with the storyline in the movie...and alot of those things can't be explained away by saying "You can't carry that much story into a 2 hour film"...but you have to give them some credit...there is absolutely no way they could bring the entire Pheonix saga into film. For one thing, it'd be 2 more movies. For another, these movies aren't JUST made for X-men fans...they're made to be Blockbusters, which means they want EVERYONE to see them...the Phoenix saga in its entirety is too "comic book" for the majority of the public.

As for the Wolverine thing...you are totally right. The entire ending of the movie was just silly I thought. That isn't to say I didn't enjoy it though (and I was an X-men fan for a large part of my teenage years so I already knew the real stories).

I was ok with what they did to Juggernaught as well...because, again, to tell his whole story would take another film. I did think that Kitty dragging him through the floor and him just busting out was pretty stupid.

Don't get me wrong, from a "I know nothing about mutant's" viewpoint, I thought it was a good movie. But I just can't separate myself from my knowledge (and love) of the Marvel history of the mutants. I've been reading and enjoying it for too long. So, I liked the movie, just another part of me hated it.