Nepenthe Update for June 2006

1) Yep - bumping down to 20 players - cannot justify the expense with so few GC on the UT side joining up over the last few months. I know there are a bunch of you *planning* on joining closer to UT2K7 dropping but that does little in the near term.

2) Welcome Tek-Almighty as our newest GC member on the UT side BTW!

3) Some new maps recently, Sunrise and Conclave Canyon to be precise. Not that those maps are *new*, they are just new here - nice change of pace.

However...

4) ONS-Silva - currently beta 4 - wowo - this kid can play and *will* be staying for some time - ridiculously fun map - ton of vehicles, lockers absolutely loaded.

Did I mention it was fun?

Very new - should be out of beta and final in a few days.

5) Reserve kicks.

Don't know what to tell you. ServerEXT reserves are used. GC members will kick players out when the server is full to make room. It *SHOULD* kick worst players based on score per minute.

Apparently it kicks best players. :shrug03:

I rebuilt the reserves this afternoon - hopefully it takes this time and kicks the right people (i.e. the worst)

Keep in mind, unless you are breaking our server standards you will NEVER be kicked by an admin just for the hell of it or because you are good. The server kicks are *AUTOMATIC* for GC reserves. There is no attitude or malice involved on our end. Just FYI.

EDIT: As mentioned below, still not quite right - bug report in, switched to random kicks. Will check with Viper to see if kosher to do the expand slot temp. thingy.

http://www.unrealadmin.org/bugtraq/view.php?id=34

S'alright?

-Fk

ONS-Silva I really like this map. Game play is faster also. Should be very interesting to see the server full with this map on. Thanks Flitter for all the work you are putting into this, it is very much appreciated. :hug:

didn't get to play silva the other night b/c my wife had school work to do, but I'm looking foreward to it...

That is if my vid card holds up...it is doing some strange stuff lately.

Anywhoo...

I am curious as to how the move form 26 to 20 players saves money???

Anyways...I am glad I got my "kicked" issue solved.

I had one of my best scoring rounds the other night and then I get kicked to make room for "GC players."

Umm hello!...

So then I realize that I gave Flitter the wrong GUID...I put a 6 where there should have been a 0...Thanks for your patience Flitter.

Long live UT and Nepenthe!

Thanks for your patience Flitter.

Long live UT and Nepenthe!

Flitter is good. Flitter is Great... Thanks for the great work.

Have any of the other maps up your sleeve? When I was downloading them I noticed that (* mind fart*)

the author had others out there. Any idea how they would play?

Anyway - have liked the new maps, although I haven't had a chance to play them all. I agree with

DarkArchon on sunrise though. I hate being a walking target. Cudos to those of you who used me

to increase your score the other night! :biglaugha:

Looking forward to playing Silva with you all.

Have a good one!

4) ONS-Silva - currently beta 4 - wowo - this kid can play and *will* be staying for some time - ridiculously fun map - ton of vehicles, lockers absolutely loaded.

Did I mention it was fun?

Very new - should be out of beta and final in a few days.

Nice work on this map. Pretty good on framerates considering the size. Also nice decision by map designer to make the nodes all 60% from full health (taken down with 3 shock balls and 1-2 link shots). Without reducing the node health, you would have to worry about 5 rounds of overtime. Nice find Flitter.

GC Board Member

"Each core links to three primary nodes. These primary nodes are similar to the nodes I've used in Maelstrom - they are modified to have 60% health (1200 instead of 2000) and build in 60% of the normal time (18 seconds instead of 30). They are represented by grey points on the map.

The four middle nodes are normal, and are represented by white points on the map.

Scorpions are a custom variant called the Scorpio (that's also latin!) made by Gorzakk. The Scorpio features four-wheel steering and other small adjustments to its web weapon. These changes are subtle, and are designed to help the scorpion be a more viable vehicle."

Only thing left for the final version is music, ambient snds, and changing the ivy texture to something else - so this is pretty much it already.

-Fk

GC Board Member

Apparently the reserves are still funky - switched to purely random kicks now since worse player is still not kicking the worse. Will give a shout out to Muerte to see what's what.

Not that you are going to read this Folk, but if you ever question our "class" again, I will gladly answer the question for you by removing your ability to play here.

-Fk

I thought it was some other guy that was complaining about getting kicked last night.

Btw, great times last night. I think I'm getting sucked back into UT. curse you guys! :)

It was fun wasn't it. It almoset seemed liek a GC nite - from a long wasy back.

Welcome back Unclean!

Read my SIG Unclean RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!! :biglaugha::biglaugha: you are always welcome to come back to the team anytime dude, the guys need your help. I try but sometimes to no avail. Are you aliasing again or what cause I havn't seen Unclean in for a while but I guess I've been off alittle for a bit. Trying to get back into the swing of things so. Glad to see ya coming back. :boing::peace:

I played, I think it's sunrise the other night. The one where the levi can easily get into to position behind the enemies core? If it wasn't for the levi it would be a fun map, as it is bleh.

Conclave Canyon is a neat one. Takes a little getting used to, but it's a deceptively quick map.

Primus - no aliasing. I pop on every once in awhile, but always as "Unclean". And it's great to see the server is still as fun as ever. :)

Hey all. Sorry I havnt been in for a long time. Going to sign back up for GC this week. I'll be back in so you all can own me to death. ^_^:o:D:boing::crazy:

SHAAAAAAADOW!!!!!

Sweet man.. Welcome back!

(edited)

Welcome back Bro. I'll be looking for ya, make sure you get back to UT once in a while too.

I like Silva, thats a pretty cool map. Ya, take out the Levi on Sunrise and it would be ok.

:boing::luxhello::peace:

Edited by Primus