A Question for All You Police Officers...

whudats

Is there a quota system for you guys to give out tickets? Like, X number of moving violations, X number of parking tickets, etc.? If so, is it dependent on your assignment/department/location/vehicle/etc.?

Does anyone know?

:unsure:

Some departments have them. Some don't.

Where I live the village police officers do not have a quota, but the township officers do. I don't know much more of the details tho.

Some departments have them. Some don't.

Where I live the village police officers do not have a quota, but the township officers do. I don't know much more of the details tho.

Tell the cops around duke's neighbourhood to up their stalker quota...

In the small town in Georgia I live in, there are none. However, we do have an...overzealous new guy on the force. The average number of citations a month was 15. Since he's been on the force that number has shot up to just shy of 100. I haven't been keeping up with what goes on in the town judicial proceedings, so maybe most of them end up being thrown out if they simply show up, but he's been writing them like mad. "Best" part is he lives two doors down from me. I figured that's how he would turn out if he got on, but come on, seriously...

I don't know if it's true or not, but in the small town I grew up in, I was told that one of the officers had written his own mother speeding tickets (yes that's plural) :o .

That's just sick.

My mom got her first ticket when she was in her 50's...and it wasn't like she was screaming anywhere. She's the kind of driver that makes ya crazy as a passenger because she drives like one mph less than the speed limit.

I teach in a small village, and there's one cop that writes all their tickets.....people call him Barney Fife (sp?)...and, although I can't confirm cause I don't know said character, they say he looks like him too. He wrote me a ticket once on the way home from school.

I got pulled over in high school, i had a beater car that had horrible acceleration. The cop said he pulled me over doing 46 in a 25, I only had one block to get up to speed... He pulled me over by a major intersection. I asked to see the radar gun, he wouldn't let me. Took my information went back to his car, and my radar detector started going nuts... I swear he was shooting people going across the intersection. He hit someone going 46 and locked it in. Came back to the car, then offered to show me the radar gun... Man was I ever angry!!!

I got pulled over in high school, i had a beater car that had horrible acceleration. The cop said he pulled me over doing 46 in a 25, I only had one block to get up to speed... He pulled me over by a major intersection. I asked to see the radar gun, he wouldn't let me. Took my information went back to his car, and my radar detector started going nuts... I swear he was shooting people going across the intersection. He hit someone going 46 and locked it in. Came back to the car, then offered to show me the radar gun... Man was I ever angry!!!

cops can get away with anything, it seems

Even where their are "quota's" it's not really that the officers in question have to get 500 tickets written because of the 500 tickets. The reason for the numbered quota is because they figure that the officer ought to actually be doing his job as a traffic patrolman and they estimate how many tickets he should be writing per day and usually come in with a number that is lower than that.

I teach in a small village, and there's one cop that writes all their tickets.....people call him Barney Fife (sp?)...and, although I can't confirm cause I don't know said character, they say he looks like him too. He wrote me a ticket once on the way home from school.

Hehe, we call our new guy Barney as well.

Many moons ago when I worked in traffic, we had a set number we were expected to write based on the platoon average. If the average was 25 per shift, you tried not to go over. I could write over 50 if was really interested in doing so but that would make me stand out with the other guys on my shift in a bad way, they would have to work harder. I used to give lots of warnings.

Some coppers are motivated to write tickets because of court time. If they write enough, they have to attend court on their days off, which is overtime. Most tire of this because of taxes, better things to do with their time off etc. Remember being told that you always fight the ticket, the copper may not show up in court and it will be thrown out? Guys who are going for the overtime love that one.

How to get a warning:

Be polite, respectfull and tell the truth. If you get caught speeding, admit it right there, do not make up a story. It is better to say, "ya, tough day, just pushing it to get home" or yes sir, late for work etc. Apologize. Coppers have trouble giving tickets to people who are just like them, HUMAN

If you get the ticket, you probably earned it anyway, pay it and get on with life.

Hello everyone, miss you all, especially you Shazz!!

Shodan!!! He's alive!!! Wow...I never knew you were a popo...I have so many bones to pick with the police in this province, but mostly the city cops and mostly for traffic stuff (why can't police give tickets for people who make illegal lefts? WHY!!!?!?!?! Ok...off to speakers corner) ...I'm getting a ticket aren't I? Why do I open my big mouth...?

in my 6 years of driving i have recieved 18 tix, most from detroit donkey burrow cops. I have beaten 17 of the tix in traffic court. i have no points on my record. most of the time it seems the cops don't even show to court, so why write the ticket? i got a ticket for 3 over on I-75 once.

most obscure ticket: a cop pulled me over and wrote me up for suspected breaking and entering. bizarre. the magistrate looked at the ticket in court and just shook his head and said "dismissed"

.people call him Barney Fife (sp?)...and, although I can't confirm cause I don't know said character, they say he looks like him too.

You mean you have never watch the Andy Griffith Show??

Well, I guess living 25 minutes from the small town that the show was set in is a good reason why the show is on TV everyday.

back on subject: I've had about 5 Speeding tickets, I've never gone to court and Ive just prepaid all of them.

71 in a 55

36 in a 25

43 in a 35

42 in a 35

Failure to obey highway sign

The only I believe is fair was the 70 something in a 55. The rest are speed traps.

That was a confirmed Shodan sighting. Ahoy there!

where what? huh??? :unsure: ...gimme a carrot.

I haven't been ticketed yet... I don't really speed anymore anyways. I guess that's a good thing? But... I think my city is laying down speed traps.

It's like this little black line that runs across the road prolly a finger thick? What's a speed trap look like anyways?

maybe it's not the nail people speeding but to possibly take a survey?

That was a confirmed Shodan sighting. Ahoy there!

where what? huh??? :unsure: ...gimme a carrot.

I haven't been ticketed yet... I don't really speed anymore anyways. I guess that's a good thing? But... I think my city is laying down speed traps.

It's like this little black line that runs across the road prolly a finger thick? What's a speed trap look like anyways?

maybe it's not the nail people speeding but to possibly take a survey?

Those are usually to measure traffic to determine if traffic control measures are needed.

the crazy thing is they keep moving em around in the area... has me paranoid when i go to and from work.

They actually count the traffic - measure traffic flow to determine if lights are needed, stop signs, road expansion, etc. Like Mo said...

the crazy thing is they keep moving em around in the area... has me paranoid when i go to and from work.

They actually count the traffic - measure traffic flow to determine if lights are needed, stop signs, road expansion, etc. Like Mo said...

I think she's just paranoid to the point of no return...should stop eating the green tops of carrots :erm: