Recrud vs. Mayhem

Nick Soapdish

Recrud vs. Mayhem  

49 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

back to the poll... mayhem = more fun, mayhem = more teamwork(mostly) adding to the fun, recrud = more competitive, more high level skill on recrud but like farmer said it really drops from there

uh...

immutable ftw.

:peace:

wait your turn u west coast wanka!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

back to the poll... mayhem = more fun, mayhem = more teamwork(mostly) adding to the fun, recrud = more competitive, more high level skill on recrud but like farmer said it really drops from there

is there a way we can look at the logs of either server to see which has the overall closer games?

You can look at headshots and kills per server on the main stats page.

Note: Scopeless has a higher headshot per kill rate than any other server. :)

is there a way we can look at the logs of either server to see which has the overall closer games?

Because not many guns available do one-hit-kills to other zones (m3).

Yeah but if you look at the global stats and take out the AWP kills, where you do not have to aim at the head, the HS stats are more even.

(edited)

we should have a recrud vs. mayhem match one half with scopes other without and see who wins....

i would definitely want in the action but i am could prolly play on either side just because i spend a fair amount of time on both servers

Edited by Demoner

Yeah but if you look at the global stats and take out the AWP kills, where you do not have to aim at the head, the HS stats are more even.

There's a 0.0068 difference, but needing to take out the fourth most used gun goes to show how much less you have to aim on average in Stock than in Scopeless. Taking out 10% of overall kills on all the servers combined is alot. I'm not saying you don't have to aim in Stock but when you're using the AWP you don't have to aim much.

It would be nice if there was a way to check gun stats per server. Then I can see exactly how much the AWP is used on servers so I could take it out per server, and not all scoped servers combined. The Seattle HPK is a bit higher than West and Recrud which gives it a slight boost. :D

you don't have to aim much.

awps are bolt action so shots need to be placed more carefully. One missed shot could mean your death. With an AK, if you miss the first shot, no worries cause there are 29 more bullets coming right up. Anyways, both weapons take about the same amount of skill to use well, imo

Any body shot with the AWP kills so you're shots can be placed carelessly. As long as you hit them they are dead or have 10hp. Not to mention the AWP has the most powerful scope in the game. Even at the longest range on a non-custom map players will still take up 1/10th of the screen.

The Scout on the other hand, now there's a gun you need to place careful shots with. Bolt action, need to hit people in the head to kill, less accurate than the AWP when you're standing still.

(edited)

I never really understand this "the awp takes 0 skill" argument, because I see a ton of people who try to use an awp and fail horribly. Most players who are great awpers are sick with the other weapons too. Personal preference is one thing, but to claim "this takes no skill" holds no water.

If you took a person who had never played cs before and had them go with an awp and then with a automatic rifle, I'm sure they would be more succesful with the latter.

Edited by witt

I never really understand this "the awp takes 0 skill" argument, because I see a ton of people who try to use an awp and fail horribly. Most players who are great awpers are sick with the other weapons too. Personal preference is one thing, but to claim "this takes no skill" holds no water.

If you took a person who had never played cs before and had them go with an awp and then with a automatic rifle, I'm sure they would be more succesful with the latter.

right on

(edited)

No gun in CS takes 0 skill, but every gun takes some skill - some more then others. In Competative play the tools or 'elements' of the game get ranked in Tiers, they use teirs to describe the efficiency of a weapon, all aspects are considered, especially statistics.

In fighting games, Characters are ranked up, Shooting games you have the guns, in RPG games you have the classes, ect ect ect.

M4 and AK and AWP are probably all Class A weapons. They are *BETTER* then other ones. for one reason or another, they are superior. Statistically especially. Since we're looking at the AWP, ill single out some hard statistics.

Argument1

Check out the headshot ratio on Stock compared to all the other weapons. 3.34% Its one of the lowest because you dont NEED headshots - but with every other weapon in the game, YOU DO! .. this really imbalances the weapon.

Argument2

Its ranked #4 in total kills on the server. Therefore, more players use it on average - this is probably because they view it to be a superior weapon to those below it.

Argument3

Every TOP player on the stats page has the AWP as the #1 weapon - why? because the best players think the AWP is the best gun to use.

Argument4

The power ratio of the gun is out of control, you deal atleast 3-4 times the damage of any other weapon in the game.

Argument5

the range increment is crazy, since its a sniper rifle - you can outreach just about anyone and hammer them and they really can't fight back. This is unfair to the other player.

Theres 5 reasons why the AWP is a class A weapon - and it will be bashed forever by players because they think using it makes you a weaker player, and it really does - Try using a Class D weapon and see what happens to your stats, they probably wont go up.

Class D weapons would include the Mac10 and most pistols (except the deagle, which is rank B )

Edited by k-wix

i use to think the awp took little skill but now after using it and learning how to be decent with it. it requires skill for when i first tryed to use it i couldn't hit anything for i never realized how important it was to be standing still when you first such a gun. now when i get an awp i feel i can actually kill people with some proficency.

I have never said in any of my posts, "It takes no skill", it just doesn't take the 1337 skill people think it does. You basicaly have to know how to aim in peoples general direction. They die in one hit, you win.

Now this is getting silly. Yes the AWP is probably the most powerful gun in the game. Also one of the most expensive.

First, there are many ways around an AWP and ways to fight against it. Careful use of nades, patience, rushing, fighting in groups, or having an AWP yourself... these are all ways to beat this gun. Using these tactics will improve your overall play and skill. If you know you really have to make your shots count against someone with an AWP makes you that much better. People that do not regularly play against AWPers are going to be much worse in reacting to them and really have no place saying it is unfair or easy to use. (yes I know many of those posting are very familiar with playing against AWPs)

Second, the AWP is not just aim in the general direction of a player and he dies. You have to be in the right spot at the right time, react to other snipers, make sure the guys around the guy you are shooting at do not kill you right after, take careful notice of the positions of your other teammates, etc. Maybe any old player can get one kill with the AWP but to have a good round with it and keep it through the round you need to have a whole lot of skill with it. Many times when you have an AWP on a map, the whole other team knows exactly where you are and should be able to take you out if you are not really good with it. Not to mention, as has been said, that if you miss a shot, many times you will be dead before you can do anything else. Again, it has been said... but sometime watch someone that is really good with this gun compared to anyone else... the skill involved should be self evident.

I think that the problem most people have with it is that it is frustrating to die, and really frustrating to keep getting killed by someone with an AWP. But if you know there are snipers about and still foolishly keep popping out without any strat to get em dead, it is your fault. React and adapt. Makes you better. IMO.

I don't have any problems going against the AWP, you can just go another way, but after a couple rounds of a team winning in a public server you already have AWPs all over that team. Almost every map only has three ways to get to the bomb sites or hostages. After a few rounds there's already going to be multiple AWPers camping each one. Smoke is pretty useless because when an AWP is zoomed in it can practically see right through the smoke, it also takes forever to get to full smokeyness. You also need a few smokes to have enough cover get close enough to take the AWPer out or you're going to be running around in the open hoping they can't hit you. Flashes are useless against AWPers, they will see the flash coming and go behind a wall or just turn around. More than half the time they will be far enough away from it that it won't even effect them. Your best bet against an AWP is another AWP, which makes for boring AWP fest fights.

You don't have to be at the right place at the right time with the AWP because everyone knows the best camping spots, the house in Italy, the Apartments on Italy, the middle of Italy, down the center of Dust 2, the pit at long A on Dust 2, behind the boxes of B on Dust 2, the back of bomb site B on Cbble, the middle ramp of Cbble, the middle area on Cbble that connects the bomb sites, the list goes on and on and on. You camp one of these spots, you point your gun at where the enemy is going to come from. If you see someone, you shoot because if you hit them, they will die, you see smoke you shoot because you will kill someone randomly through the smoke, you see a flash, since you're not blind, you shoot when you see them all rush out, maybe get a couple with one shot.

You don't have to play regularly against the AWP to know about it, it's the same AWP it was years ago and it will never change. I played more than my fair share of Stock before the Scopeless server existed.

If I didn't have accidently hit NULL vote, Recurd would have +1 to all.

The AWP takes zero skill argument is as old as dirt. Those who have been playing the game long enough realize their is skill in killing with an AWP and killing the AWPer and not getting killed with the AWP. If it takes zero skill, then how come you don't use it every round? I know I would if I could consistantly kill with it, but I would much rather have an AK. Those who don't understand will one day, my young padawans