Best Buy or Circuit City

mrX

Thats a tough one, but I think Circuit City runs better sales on laptops. I bought mine there a year ago for 500 bucks, pretty well equiped. Online purchase and store pickup is a nice feature too.

But its like any retail store....timing is everything, they all run good sales at some point, you just gotta sit on it and wait...but i'd choose Circuit City if I had to pick.

I've had better luck with Best Buy and CompUSA, than I've had with Circuit City. At least where I live CC doesn't have much of a selection. BB and CU seem to have more of a selection and better deals.

When are you buying it? I may have a 10 to 12 percent off coupon from my reward zones card that you can use.

Hum tough choice. I agree CC does have better sales. But BB has in house tech support. Which is nice for a laptops. Only takes them a couple days to get your computer back in action. Where CC has to send it out. Takes a couple weeks. But i also hate the BB is all about rebates, CC is more instant savings.

What you should jsut do is... Go to each of them and just ask them if a sale is coming soon... I do that...

I usually jsut buy it at BB... So jsut ask them, They might know :unsure:

mrX
GC Alumni

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

I really think I'm leaning toward Bestbuy, just due to the service I've received locally b/w BB and CC.

The $200 card comes from points I've earned on a credit card over many years. There are, of course, other rewards the wife is more interested in. :) Meaning I may not use that reward. Not really a big deal to me.

I'm scheduled to move into an office across from the courthouse on 9/1 and have started marketing quite a bit. So, I'm looking to allocate funds from the next few clients to equipment like this. So I'm thinking "back to school" sales should be great. I checked Staples today for prices and really felt they were a rip-off.

It's a nice setup. Only issue I would have with it, that I didn't see at first, is the OS. Windows Media Center Edition. I've not used this particular OS. Other than that it's a nice setup.