Your GC admins hard at work

akaM2

Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guest ash-
Guests
(edited)

What's the name of that song? ;). I had some ideas for server side anti-cheating mods that may interest someone with knowledge of C++. You can send a player the event that causes the client to be blinded by a flashbang and blind them for a minute. If they can still play then they are cheating. ma_blind will not work as it sends different parameters in the "blind message" that just blanks the screen, no true flashbang effect. You could also write something that allows admins to spectate with mat_normals 1 without setting the server for sv_cheats 1 or recording demos for later review.

Edited by ash-

I always wondered how wall hacks worked.

It seems my theory is at least somewhat correct. Or maybe it's just my diluted mapper mind.

I am guessing the wallhack program views all walls as simple vertex boxes without textures or lightmaps. (Before I was thinking it would treat walls as if they had Render FX set to "0")

wallhacks don't look like that demo he made.. They simply just spec'd him and recorded, then went and re-recorded the demo with mat_wireframe.

Its a great tool once you have a fps demo, to see how a hacker's crosshairs will line up a player when strafing around a wall, etc.

Unfortunately, there are alot of wall hacks out there.. some with wireframe walls, some with transparent walls... one that is plagueing the community, yet can never be VAC detected are custom model hacks. These will allow a player to see all models (friendlies and enemies) pretty much through anything. All walls remain the same, but you can see the player models through them. This cheat is very hard to detect since teams can use it wisely and not get caught. For instance, they can have a player "hang back" and spot enemies for teammates to kill. No one ever disputes the guy that goes 3-14. What stinks about it is that valve claims they will never do anything restricting a player from customizing their models (for obvious reasons).

Anyway, nice catch boys!

Well it seems GC likes to call them wall hacks, I like to call them bluewallz because the hacks I came incontact made everything different shades of blue. I've never played with them or any kind of hacks because cheating takes the fun out of a game. However, what I love about hacks is when I can sneak up on some nub like Hoopie and knife em. Makes you feel good that you can knife someone who locks onto your head...

BTW, VAC couldnt detect wallhacks/bluewallz because bluewallz can be made on your very own PC without struggle. These types of unconfirmed hacks dont be detected by the obviously ported to C++ VAC.

thank you admins 'cuz the undiluted truth is i hate wallhaxors the most one time i sent my "clan" lol against another one and the whole clan was wall hacking it sent me up the wall of course we still pwned them but they told me afterwards it was the worst thing i'd ever seen anybody do and to blatantly tell me afterwards sry i was ranting lol but thx