OC for the nOOB

DNA

Okay so I am very noobish about overclocking and would like to OC my setup, mostly my Processor,and ram timing (i think i can overclock that also), but again nOObish. Can you suggest what to do.

I have:

AMD 64bit 3.7gHz with a very cooler, and fans so temps should be no issue.

I have got the GC thing okay using the ATI tools from Omega.

:blink:

I'm sure it's not 3.7Ghz. I think you meant 3700+ which is 2.2Ghz. What you have to do is to run BIOS and crank up the FSB (probably from 200 to whatever you want to OC it to). If it's 2.2Ghz it has 11 multipliers, that means 200*11 = 2200Mhz. You get the idea. Try going little by little, don't OC too much. If you get hanging problems or restarts lower your OC.

OCing a little will be relatively easy DNA, one or two adjustments.

If you try to push the most out of your proc is when it gets hard/weird/frustrating/dangerous.

Post up your exact system:

Processor

Motherboard

ram ( PC-####, brand,model #)

vid card

power supply

case and number of fans for in/out

do you have software to monitor temps or do you need help with that?

Best way to find out your maximum OC is to first turn down your HTT frequency, and your ram divider, so your ram runs at the slowest speed. Then you kick up the voltage on the CPU and then keep trying higher and higher speeds. Once you find out a good speed, do the opposite with your ram and see what you can get on the ram. But remember if you increase the FSB you need to increase the voltages, loosen ram timings, and lower the HTT frequency. It may sound like a lot but it gets easier as you do it more.

heheh. Rememeber..this is the first time/noob at it. Ill bet he says huh?,huh?,huh?, and Oh voltage I can do that! ...zap

Lets see his whole setup, then give him a little boost. If wants to push the limits, Im jsut gonna give him the whole DFI overclocking guide and let him go from there, otherwise this threadds gonna be 50 pages long

Oooh this would be nice, I've been meaning to OC mine too, and I'm also a noob pretty much. I'll post my hardware stuff also, as soon as I can find it *stares at speaker for 5 minutes and realizes it's not the computer* ....