Bunny Jump Off

akaM2

forumst2.png

Link to movie

Size: 260 Megs (roughly)

Filetype: .wmv

Very cool source video, I wish I was this good at jumping, he makes it around maps as fast as a speed hacker lol. Just wait the 30 seconds, then the download will start, very fast host.

BTW these jumps were done with all default gravity and CAL settings

would this guy get banned from gc?

no

he isnt using any programs to control it, its a certain way you jump and move your mouse at the same time, I can do it going down a ramp but not how good they can

yeah, apparently he throws it at his feet and the same time he jumps. it's probably a flash or a smoke.

Me and decoy have done this with nades...he jumped into the slope to ct spawn on piranesi while I was throwing a nade up at him...i watched him jump ontop of the nade then jump off it completely in the opposite direction in mid air before it blew...it was nuts

oh...this file is too large...m2 scale it down! I command thee! :D

I think CSS should be patched to prevent it, it's not realistic by any means.

Are people who are in competitive leagues now attempting to perfect their skills at hopping around maps?

The boosting part seems fine, someone helping you get up onto a higher area....but the hopping is silly, from a gaming perspective.

I would just like to know how leagues/valve will react to this.

But seriously, if everyone took the time to learn that, it would completely change map choke points, etc...it would look like a game of UT out there with people thrust jumping around. All we'd need would be the "huh huuuh!!!" sound.

PS. That little outburst has caused the signazi to turn your way.....one pic only please, or make that one wide one...

But seriously, if everyone took the time to learn that, it would completely change map choke points, etc...it would look like a game of UT out there with people thrust jumping around. All we'd need would be the "huh huuuh!!!" sound.

Thing is, bunny hopping is extremely hard to successfully pull off and to keep going for consecutive jumps. The easiest point to do such a thing is going full speed and jump on a slope. If you try to keep the speed you get when bunnyhopping off a slope, it's pretty hard to keep it going.

Plus, not alot of people know how to bunny hop, and some who do can't do it correctly or keep it going (raises hand).

Besides, it's not really something people would spend 50 hours on to try to perfect. Heck, I'll try for 49, but never 50.

I bet there's plenty of people that would put 50 hours into perfecting that.....sometime you'll see a CAL team that requires all its players to be able to use that to move faster....if it's still possible. I betcha!

I bet there's plenty of people that would put 50 hours into perfecting that.....sometime you'll see a CAL team that requires all its players to be able to use that to move faster....if it's still possible. I betcha!

if all the members of 1 cal team perfects the bunny hop, then they wud be hard to beat...

i mean, they can get to the bombsite prob twice as fast as you can. by the time you get htere, the bomb will prob almost explode....

if all the members of 1 cal team perfects the bunny hop, then they wud be hard to beat...

i mean, they can get to the bombsite prob twice as fast as you can. by the time you get htere, the bomb will prob almost explode....

there are plenty of teams that have players who can all bunnyhop well. It doesnt really help much when it comes to winning matches tho