Counter-strike keeps crashing

Sid

I'll be playing and at random times my counter strike will just crash. I'll get that send error report dialouge box and sometimes I even get the blue screen of death and my whole system has to reboot. I am 99% sure it is not an over heating issue per the fact that I have a ton of fans and took all my overclocking off and it still happens.

Any thoughts???

was thinking could be a driver issue but I have been using these for months without any previous problems...

I don't know. I hate when things don't work.

Sid
(edited)

no m2 it's not the power supply I was having an error caused by that 6 months ago but I now have a 500 watt supply.

Clueless I'm glad you mentioned sound. Now that I think about it. My audio drivers somehow got uninstalled a few weeks ago so I simply did a roll back. They weren't the drivers that came with my mobo but I thought they would work all the same. Could that be the problem???

Also I have tried to locate the correct audio drivers but gigabyte doesn't have the drivers on their website anymore. They don't support socket-A anymore I guess.

Anyone know of a site that has old drivers???

Edited by Sid

Sid

so uploading the correct drivers should fix. I will give it a try when I get home from work. Thanks again guys. You always give me the best help. should I do a full uninstall of the current drivers or will the new ones just replace?

so uploading the correct drivers should fix. I will give it a try when I get home from work. Thanks again guys. You always give me the best help. should I do a full uninstall of the current drivers or will the new ones just replace?

Best to uninstall the old ones first.

what site did you upload them to? hah just kidding :)

Did you make sure you completely removed all drivers before you installed the new ones?

OK here comes Mr. Smarty Pants Know It All NOFX... Has to put in his two cents into the mix... :)

Sid

Yes I uninstalled the previous ones completely then restarted and INSTALLED the correct ones. But like I said, it's weird cause it was working fine for a few days, then started to crash with the same error.