Windows XP dual-core hotfix

Tek-Almighty

Since getting my 4800+ (haven't installed yet) I keep reading about performance issues with XP and dual-core procs. I don't know anyone (outside of forums) that has dual-core, so I can't ask them...So I am wondering about what kind of performance issues I would notice IF I needed to use the hotfix to increase my duallie's performance or fix any problems.

Anyone used it with XP and their dual-core?

Was it hard to install?

I've got the 4200+ if that's relevant, and nary a single problem here. bah bah bah bah bah I'm lovin' it.

I just re-read your post. Disregard my last one. Ugh... long week

meh everytime i hear that... i hate my work rofl..

i am getting a 4800 in like a week =)

do i need to run this with my conroe? I am getting 170 solid fps with everything on high, so i dunno how much better it could get.

Im guessing not because it is a AMD hotfix, oh well.

Intel>AMD

haha don't start a flame war m2.... :P i wouldn't worry about any fixes for your comp if everything is ok. you could still install the ms hotfix though. just google for what other ppl have done.

I have it installed on my 3800+, it solved a few problems for me, most noticeable in the game Flatout 2, which kept freezing and locking the computer up after about 5 minutes....but now I can play it for hours with no issues :)

Athlon X2 3800+

Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI

1 gig OCZ Dual channel memory (2x512)

eVGA GeForce 7900 GT KO

160gb SATA HD