Almost out

Chief

I will be leaving the cozy confines of the Hoosier state and driving out to Vegas this weekend to start work on Tuesday. I will be flying back the next weekend to meet the movers and oversee things, then flying back to work. I'm sure everyone will miss my long posts :biglaugha: .

Don't know how long it will take to get internet service and stuff hooked up so enjoy the break from me while it lasts! But it hasn't started yet, I will prolly disconnect and headout on Saturday.

And Jackie, you better not kill of Jim while I move like you did Farmer!

I don't think I'll be driving fast enough to catch Moss on his trip down, so next time!

First call was a little over a week ago to my old boss in Chicago to let him know I was sending out resumes and that I wanted him as a reference. Interview was a week ago. Flew out Monday, got home last night, starting Tuesday. Like I said in a previous thread, the support from friends in the community deserves much credit. What a miracle!

From what I know about you it could not happen to a better person. Good things do happen to good people. Good luck again.

Ditto.

So when I run out of cash and can't pay for my hotel anymore, I can crash on your couch, right? ;)

Getting ready to tear down the machine and finish packing. Driving out tonight. 1850 miles/27 odd hours. Will be back online down the road. Jackie better not kill off my character! Here's the email I sent out to everyone:

Friends and family,

Well, it has been an absolute whirlwind around here recently. We celebrated Lincoln's 2nd birthday August 31s and mom's 6-month the month before.

Lara and Lincoln are doing well--Lara is doing well (as always) for Clinique, and Lincoln is starting to talk and loves to "fix it" with a screwdriver--doesn't matter what "it" is! It was a bitter sweet moment when he finally started calling me Jeremy and stopped calling me momma.

My last client for my marketing business ended up being a real flake out situation and the 2-week project drew out for 5 months and they ended up paying me $200 for over $1,000 of art that I licensed. Needless to say I lost a lot of money and ended up donating over 100 hours. I have dozens of emails begging them to stay focused and finish the project, but it was not to be! But the bright spot is that I got hired by Colorado Tech as an adjunct professor of business management and went through orientation and training and now I am waiting for a class to be available (hopefully in October).

And I decided that after the past two years, starting a marketing operation was more than I could do on my own. But marketing is my passion, so I ended up sending out some resumes and gave a call to my old boss in Chicago to ask him to be a reference. Come to find out, he's out in Las Vegas with the agency that does the Vegas "What happens here, stays here" spots. One thing lead to another and I flew out to Vegas this week and am driving out there to relocate TODAY. They recruited me pretty hard and I took a pass on an opportunity to be product launch manager for Hewlett Packard's printer division.

I'll be living in a hotel for a bit, until a moving company can be scheduled and all those little details that come with moving cross country. With a little luck, Lara and Lincoln will join me somewhere down the line.

Bottom-line, less than two-weeks from my first call, I am moving to Las Vegas. I will have the same cell-phone number and will know my address soon with a little luck! I start Tuesday, and hopefully will be back in the classroom in October in addition.

My apologies for not getting to say goodbye in person--it just is happening so fast! Take care, and my love to you all.

Best,

Jeremy

Sweet. I've been getting done between 6 and 11pm. Since it's friday I hope it will be on the early side. I haven't started getting paid yet, so I'm on a modest budget. GL getting us some fight tix. I'm working my side to try and luck us into some UFC tix to Franklin in UFC 64.

talk to ya tomorrow.