Logitech's G7 Cordless Mouse

ZesteR

What's the word on the street about this mouse?!

I like it's idea of two lithium batteries. Use one, while the other charges.

I like this better than the G5 and my Razer Diamonback Plasma LE b/c my cable always grabs onto things or doesnt let my mouse move where I want it.

I havent priced it all around yet, so if you know if any great deals floating around, let me know!

I did check out benjester's post on the combo... but I'm limiting myself right now.

Thanks Again

Zesty :hug:

buy.com's 29.95 deal after rebate w/ free shipping

^ Ends the 30th :(

Now I have 2 days for figure this one out, lol.

Edited by ZesteR

What's the word on the street about this mouse?!

I like it's idea of two lithium batteries. Use one, while the other charges.

I like this better than the G5 and my Razer Diamonback Plasma LE b/c my cable always grabs onto things or doesnt let my mouse move where I want it.

I havent priced it all around yet, so if you know if any great deals floating around, let me know!

I did check out benjester's post on the combo... but I'm limiting myself right now.

Thanks Again

Zesty :hug:

buy.com's 29.95 deal after rebate w/ free shipping

^ Ends the 30th :(

Now I have 2 days for figure this one out, lol.

I've been using their mice/trackballs since '99...and I've always been pleased. My next mouse purchase is going to be a G7...right now I have the cordless laser MX1000. Love it. The G7 is same thing, but better weight and better laser. That is a deal of a steal baby. Buy it.

Maximum PC gave it a 9 "KickAss" award.

Edited by Tek-Almighty

I have the mx1000 and upgraded to the g5 last month. g5 is WAY better

way better than the mx1000 or g7?

I am purchasing it right now.... just so I dont lose out on a deal! If I find out that it wasnt a wise choice, then I will sell it on ebay NIB :P

Also, I am getting their buy.com visa card. save an extra 30%

It was has 3% discount on anything else that I buy at buy.com ! Plus 1% on gas and whatnot, but I doubt Ill use it unless it's credit is higher than my card I have now.

Edited by ZesteR

alright.. maybe I can get back to pwning some n00bs!

I dont like my razer mainly cuz it's longer.. and i actually have to stretch my hand out to feel "comfortable"

this seems shorter, and I had a mx300 that I enjoyed. so that's what made me want to go back to logitech.

so what do you think of the G7?

I have yet to receive an email that it shipped.

I emailed customer support and waiting for a response.

I checked out their site now, and it says out of stock and their sale is over... but I need to send in my rebate by end of October. so they better hurry it up.

and I dont want to wait that long to use it!

I'm sorry I didnt get to you sooner. I read reviews extensively on that mouse and decided not to get it because the batteries are very expensive when you have to replace them.

The batteries do not hold their charge very long. You HAVE to only charge them when they are completely dead. And only completely dead. Otherwise you will have some crappy battery life.

According to reviews even with charging the batteries responsivly they do not hold a charge for long. They go bad.

Logitec (<---- spelled wrong) Has been working for a cure but I do not know if they found one yet.

I decided on the G5 because its basicly the same thing but corded.

You might not have the problem if you use the mouse 5 hours a day. The only people who had this problem are the people who used it non stop all day as addiced gamers.

Remember, I could be wrong.

I'm pretty good with batteries and keeping their charge.

I def. wait til it's on it's last leg b4 charging.

I was avoiding having a cord, b/c I dont have the room to deal with it getting caught on everything. We'll see!

logitech has excellent customer support. they replaced my g5 when the mid click stopped clicking without needing proof of purchase or even me sending the old one back.

oh and when i called about the mouse i asked about teh paint wearing off my space bar on the g15 and they sent me a new one of those in the same package at the same time.

i gave both old ones to my bro and he spilled beer on the keyboard and has swapped the mouse for a wireless so now i have a second working g5 cept the mid click doesn't click (still functions just doesn't have the click "feel" or sound) and a second g15 that needs a serious cleaning.

long story short is that i'm sure while your warranty lasts they'll send you as many new batteries as you need.

I've been playing with the G7 for about 3 months now, awesome mouse! Comes with 2 batteries, they last about 12 hours of gaming, but will last a couple days with on and off use. I could care less about battery replacement. With the rebates i've seen these at, just buy a new one for $30, if they last me a year well worth the month spent. Heck i've seen these as cheap as $20 after rebate... Zest you won't regret it, great mouse..