Zune vs. Ipod

[LaW]Maverick

wrong, it takes any audio format except wma

wrong again

249 for 30gb? thats expensive? same price as zune i believe

ya 20hrs is way to short for HD player and not Flash, actually its very good battery life

BTW Maverick, I have the Apple A/V connection kit for the ipod and it has a remote and everything too, sounds great on my stereo. And mine is a 2nd Gen

Proven Mp3 player vs something that could be good or bad

:hug: I love it when someone posts my exact thoughts...

I lub my ipizzle...I have it plugged into my Alpine deck in my car which is the only deck that has a direct ipod connection so I can scroll the ipod's menus with the stereo deck. Basically I just leave my ipod in my car all the time unless I'm loading new songs onto it. I would want nothing else!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maverick' date='Oct 5 2006, 04:01 PM' post='369908']

Please take the time and copy and paste your posts into a word document... Then run a spell check.

I agree...to an English major and professional writer...that pained me to read...lol

Get used to it: Spelling is only one way Z3ro does violence to the English language, and he seems to have no desire to work on that. I just ignore it.

Sorry, Z3ro, I know you don't like to hear it, but it's an impediment to communication.

LOL

Ipod lowered their price the day the Zune announced an official release date....looks like they might launch at the same price afterall

However, don't be suprised if Microsoft announces a last minute price-break, because MS promised to undercut the Ipod price.

This should shape up to be an interesting battle no matter which side you're on

Didn't know 'bout the Ipod remote though, definately a cool feature

i haven't heard about the zune's battery life. anyone?

i do know the current gen ipods are boasting a 24hour battery life. that's insane. insanely cool.

and to you itunes haters - a few words: "cover browser view."

:peace:

(edited)
Estimated 12 hr battery life for audio, 3.5 hr video

That doesnt look too great... compared to the iPod.

When they say you can take music off of other peeps Zunes, wouldnt that be like... stealing (cause none of us do that :| ) unless they have a catch, where you would need to pay.

Edited by Chimmpp

Estimated 12 hr battery life for audio, 3.5 hr video

That doesnt look too great... compared to the iPod.

When they say you can take music off of other peeps Zunes, wouldnt that be like... stealing (cause none of us do that :| ) unless they have a catch, where you would need to pay.

yeah I pondered about the same thing and found the answer...

Any music that's not yours you can only play for 3 days or something then you have to decide if you want to buy it or wut not.

and the battery life isn't thrilling at all 12 hours of play without wifi.... they should try to get it to 20

Edited by EbilDustBunny

Meh, I don't really care 'bout battery life as long as it's at least 8 hrs.

The Octavio looks swwet!!!

The thing is this, the way I understand it. All the mp3's I currently have on my computer (all obtained legally, of course) which don't have DRM should share just find over wi-fi.

If you have a purchased song on your Zune, then people can download that and listen to it up to 3 times in 3 days. If you ask me, that's brilliant. Not only is it a great sales tactic, but it's better than other DRM set-ups where you can't share the songs at all.

This way, if you're into buying your mp3's, you can download the song from a friend, see if you like it, and flag it to buy later. Not a bad setup at all. Otherwise you can download it for free, ensured of good quality, listen to it, and if you like it you can still flag it so you remember to download it via some other...uh...legal means when you get home.

For someone who constantly forgets what songs I want to get, I love the idea.

In any case, you can't do that with an ipod. :-)

Also, I'm interested in putting some videos on my player (such as Red Vs. Blue) Short stuff that's funny and could be entertaining in lines or in social situations. With the panoramic view on the bigger screen (Zune) I might not go blind quite as fast. :spin2:

wrong, it takes any audio format except wma

wrong again

249 for 30gb? thats expensive? same price as zune i believe

ya 20hrs is way to short for HD player and not Flash, actually its very good battery life

BTW Maverick, I have the Apple A/V connection kit for the ipod and it has a remote and everything too, sounds great on my stereo. And mine is a 2nd Gen

Proven Mp3 player vs something that could be good or bad

M2, since you have an iPod; Im curious, can you upload mp3s or videos to it without using iTunes? I HATE iTunes and refuse to download, but I am interested in buying an iPod. I have heard that the only way to transfer music to your iPod is through iTunes. Is this so?

I like iTunes a lot. It's nice and organized and easy on the eyes.

My iPod looks purdy and plays songs nicely. Easy to use, good sound quality and long enough battery life for the regular person.

I agree with John and his anti-Zune-WiFi rant.

I'm not sure itunes is that user friendly to some people. It's kinda mean... yeah.

--------------------

if Zune buddies up with xbox360... i'll be happy

iTunes works ok until you have like 10,000 songs, and then it gets pretty impossible.

an XBox-sized mp3 player would be a bit big.

:unsure:

18,120 songs. 102.44gb. itunes manages just fine. i'm pretty retentive about the file/id3 tagging. i'm also a fan of the itunes library updater, a cool xml program the scans for dupes, etc.

i've still never figured out windows media player, and gotta say, not really motivated to. that dumb visualizer plugin gives me random seizures.

coffee.gif

(edited)
uh, nope.

mix one part BPL, add a dash of EAC, stir with LAME, and voila!

then file -> add folder -> /MP3

banana2.gif

ipod + itunes ftw!

Yes I il legally download all my music files then add them to iTunes library. You can also insert CDs into your harddrive and add songs to your library from the CD!

Edited by Jester.