STARCRAFT

Shadowman

They had an April Fool's day joke awhile ago from Blizzard about "World of Starcraft". That game would be HUGE. But it was fake. And now there are new rumors that there may be a MMOG of Starcraft in 2009.

...if that's true, it'd be genuine sweetness.

I'd play world of Starcraft in a second. What I don't understand is why they never made a sequal of that game...it was better than warcraft.

No worries, they are both great games...Starcraft was just better.

That being said...I still play from time to time (though it's been a while now), and I'm all about the Marines baby :blink:

• 2 months later...

I'm playing through all of WarCraft III/Frozen Throne/Orc RPG right now, one map at a time, because that's all I've really had time for in the past many, many months - but StarCraft was THE RTS game for me. I'm probably going to play through all of StarCraft again, after I finish with WarCraft.

I'd spend $50 to buy it all over again, if they released the exact same story/voices/maps, et cetera, but used high-poly models running on the DooM 3 or Unreal 3 engine. I've actually been dying to play the Source mod: Alien Swarm: Infested for that very reason.

Edited by Norguard

Actually, I used to play a little Defense of the Ancients. That's generally my friend's domain. He's had my Frozen Throne CD since two weeks after the game came out, and he's been playing it ever since.

Right now, I've just been using all of the single-player campaigns as late-night stress relief.

PS: Marines and 'Toss for the win.

Kekekekekeke-Reaver drop!

Edited by Norguard

my brother finally re-installed it because he never beat it initially. He's now finishing off the Zerg brood war campaign..I really loved this game. My one friend made a map once that became very popular on battlenet. It was called Aqua's and it was island warefare....That map was a total Zerg or Human map..Toss had very little chance on it.

I might go in for a few rounds soon, just to bring back the good times. what a game!

my brother finally re-installed it because he never beat it initially. He's now finishing off the Zerg brood war campaign..I really loved this game. My one friend made a map once that became very popular on battlenet. It was called Aqua's and it was island warefare....That map was a total Zerg or Human map..Toss had very little chance on it.

I might go in for a few rounds soon, just to bring back the good times. what a game!

Xterminator I believe you require more vespene gas :D

Im a huge terran fan

I love the ghost and nukes

you get like 15 of em and drop em and it wreaks havon on everyone

sometime even yourself lol

great game!

allanon,

let me know when your going on PM and I'll duke it out with you

i suck though man so if you're good take it easy on me :)

Aug

Oh, it's not that hard, Archon. ...you just have to decoy properly, and do the nuking manually, so that the ghost, or at least the right ghost, isn't detected/killed before it's too late.

The only ones who are really, really unlikely to get nuked are the Zerg.

Yeah. The thing is, most people don't build enough observers to patrol their entire base. ...and if they did, that's just a ridiculous use of resources. That, and you can usually stand just out of range of the Photon Cannons. Just like you can stand just out of range of a bunker/turret/tank setup.

...there's no excuse for not having Overlords on patrol, though. They're freebies. They and a few sunken colonies, or spore colonies, if you're too worried about losing too many overlords, are all you need.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I watched the Starcraft 2 gameplay, all I gotta say is why don't they keep the Starcraft art direction? It looked like they jacked the guys that made the Starcraft mod for Warcraft 3 and just souped it up and called it Starcraft 2.