iceworld

someone please explain to me the alure of this map and other maps like it?

if you really want to play a deathmatch game that has no team orientation why play counter-strike?

I'm sorry I'm just getting really frustrated....it seems like every time I get on the server (which happens to be late nights or weekends usually) aim_usp with rollthedice is being played and twice today fy_iceworld was played 5 minutes after I get on.

I'm sick of these maps.

I know it's not my server and I have no right to complain I just seriously want to know what makes these maps fun for ppl? All they promote is getting a good score.

On another note, has there ever been a mod that took away individual player scores? I need to find a server running that.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I agree with Playaa.. but every time I say something, someone usually says 'Iceworld is t3h r0xx0r! Whats wrong with you?!' and then it becomes one big Icy love-fest. Its irritating. Iceworld and all the other 'Fun Maps' are a great way to get rid of serious players...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

dm maps = good for warmin up but that's about it..

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
There is a command that will turn off your scores along with everyone else's. Maybe cl_showscore 0?

nope, think there used to be, but they took it out.. i think.

I think the allure of iceworld for me is something different. I personally am a bit tired of the DD2A -dust/dust2/aztec- cycle. From an adminning point of view it's a good way to populate a server from 0. From a players standpoint I'd say that it's draw is weapon skills.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

See, though, you improve your weapon skills just as much in regular maps, and thats in a practical environment.

As for the DD2A.. yes, these are annoying. But the solution? Play other maps! TORN!

I don't think iceworld and the aim maps would be that bad if they promoted more teamwork.

I myself do enjoy those maps every once in awhile. The other night I even requested the de_shootout or whatever and had alot of fun playing it. But that was late at night (as in midnight or something) and I was in the mood to not think, just kill. However, yesterday iceworld came up twice in one day and both times I hadn't been there for much more than 10 minutes.

And like Uber said, if you're tired of DD2A go with torn, storm, nuke, prodigy, cbble, estate, inferno, VERTIGO (that was some great old plat days, we played vertigo often and with teamwork that map ROCKS!), heck even as_oilrig is a fun map if played with teamwork.

i think the thing is everyone wants to play the usp map with the dice on cuase it is so much fun. Maps like iceworld and usp map are good maps. They do teach you weapon skills for you ALWAYS have a gun and your are always shooting at someone. i personally am glad these maps are played because wehre else can i learn to use the usp for 30 minutes. :D

by just using a usp on a normal map for 30 minutes. Or playing PODBots letting them have any weapons and you only use a usp. Believe me that REALLY helps with a weapon. At one point (when I played PODBots daily) I could glock the entire team of bots.....not so now but you get my point.

don't question my l337 PODBot pwning skillz

I can PWN them there PODBots like a human pwning some ants.....they hold nothing on me.

101to9.jpg

HOWEVER!

as I've said before....pwning PODBots means nothing because they don't have any real skill....you just hafta know that you can't sneak up on em and you can't hide from them.....just walk out and start giving headshots to em....that's all.

so while I CAN pwn bots I can't pwn humans (Evidence)

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Do you get to name your botzors? :ph34r:

after playing the normal maps for a while its nice somtimes to just relax and have some fun on ice_world. it kinda is a nice break every once in a while from having to worry about planning attacks and all that. but i agree it shouldnt be played all the time. just once in a blue moon.

S.S.

I like the aim maps, that's what helped my to snipe with the ak and colt, great for long distance shooting. The usp map has also greatly improved my skills with handguns, they are also a nice break, when you want to put all talk on and just talk trash!!!!

I'm on of the first people to talk about teamwork, but those maps aren't geared towards that... unless baiting it teamwork :blink:

Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guest Mossad
Guests

i REALLY like that one shoot out map