Swords and Sandals

Playaa

man, I got frustrated with it yesterday cause I kept having to restart...I was always 1 hit away from winning but I'd get hit first and die.

Mags...you're like hardcore at these games man.

alright...going in again!

wow 50000!! I can't get past the second boss. What's your plan of attack?

My hits vary soo much!! I hit a quick attack and get 15 dmg, but then i'll give up 4 from a power hit...

Just got beat by a guy who had 3 defense pts to my 7, blocked 5 straight hits and hit me 5 straight times... What's up with that?

the best I've done so far was with my gladiator "JESUSATOR!" (actual name...he looked like Jesus when I was done with him). I used all 10 points in the beginning on Strength and beat the first boss (barely) with no weapon.

The best strategy I've had so far was to use high strength characters, and time it well so that when they get in close I could hit them once, then they'd be too tired and they'd rest, then I shove them away. If they have too much energy I just shove em away.

Also, I never actually move toward the enemy really. I just taunt them until they get in close to me then I attack (or shove if they have too much energy)

umm...wow, I just beat the first boss and I'm level 4 and I get drawn against a level 8?

this is gonna be tough.

GAH!

beat the level 8 but then got beat by Bo'sum Smythe the 2nd boss.

CURSES!

HA!, I just killed a guy using only taunts. I put my charisma up to 4 on level 2 and taunted him to death. sweetness.

so far I'd say the best tactic overall is pick one stat and go overboard on it...then make your fighting style utilize it. If it's Strength do alot of hitting and then shoving so you can rest, if it's agility, so alot of moving in and moving out, if it's charisma do alot of taunting.

alright, I thought this game was awesome at first but now it just makes me mad. I had 8 attack, 9 defense, 8 strength and some other stats and I'm consistently hitting for 6 damage even on criticals. My opponent (Bo'Sun Smythe) has nowhere near those stats (he's just got 7 agility which means he moves quick and far) and he hits me for 27 damage then 33 damage leaving me at 1 health. I shove him away, he leaps back in, I rest (automatically) and he hits me for 32 damage.

that's just dumb.

Remember to have vitality and attack. Good health and accurate shots work in the arena.

I also use Charisma to get more money in the battlefield, the shopkeeps also sell you stuff for cheaper.

I got 90,000~. Not near as good as Max's 159,000, of course. We need him in here to tell us his strats.

Check this out... http://www.playaholics.com/scores/yesterda...ordsandsandals/

You'll see me at #40 with 313,728

I taunted the Slave Driver and the guy with the whip to death LOL! Got creamed by some nobody in the 5th rung.. bah! Hit me for 98 damage and threw me accrost the entire arena.

I think I hate this game... addicting.

Shaftiel

Hmm.. of course after about 9 or 10 on Friday night this link will be meaningless... ah well

my new favorite gladiator:

magruter.jpg

seriously though...I can't figure out what's going on here. I take a fighter based in Strength and if I use Power, Normal or Quick attack he hits for 6 damage 90% of the time. I take a fighter based in Agility and he hits for 6 damage 90% of the time. Something must be weird about my system because I ALWAYS seem to hit for exactly 6 damage no matter what.

This game is messed!

For a game that can end immediately, it is way to random in the damage your opponents give. A guy with lower strength hits a 39 on me when the most I got in him was a 7? Sure he had a better sword but I was double him on strength.

Gah, don't need the frustration.

Urgh, started playing it again today. How do my opponents keep kitting me from further away then I can hit them? Argh!!

The champion would hit me, all I can do it walk forward. He hits me again, I walk forward. Then he hits me a third time for the KO and I haven't even touched him yet.

Awesome Strat......

make a char. with 10 Charsima and your taunts will push them back, make'em fall, or do damage. I killed the first 3 guys and 1st champ with taunts. Since Charsima is high everything is really cheap so you can get good armor fast. eventually I raised Stamina and Vitality before I began working with strength and attack.