Windows Vista

ShadowDog

I have been running it for a while on my laptop for a while, and I haven't had any issues either. It sho is pretty! Other than the graphical improvements and built-in gadget thingy it isn't too much different for the average home user.

It seems to be more reliable as far as networking and mapping drives and printers are concerned. It was easier to get it linked into my home wireless network than when I was running xp pro, and the connection seems to be more reliable.

I haven't played any games on it yet, and who knows how great dx10 wil be. I'm actually more interested in Microsoft's claim of cross-platform playability and communication...

It will be worth it to the higher end user. I am running RC2 and is able use a larger RAM amount which is nice and DX10 will change almost everything. Stability is a major plus and Security is much better, still some driver issues as stated but most xp drivers work at some level with Vista. Combine this with Office 2007 and it all looks good. I am not sure you will really see Jan 2007 release but who knows...

kruten, those are interesting numbers. i didn't see that much of a hit with vista but i definitely saw one. btw, you should have color correction disabled. it just makes things from distance blurry.

so they say that you can just update from Vista to XP without reformat or anymore... (so they claim) but wouldn't that cause complications with drivers, software and some hardware.... as well how much do you think Vista will cost??

They've already listed their prices and it looks to be SUPER expensive for an OS. I think the ultimate edition is 399.99

.. thats freaking rediculous.... you know you could just buy a crappy computer from some place... for like 200-400 then tell microsoft you want the free upodate...because they offer a free update to those who bought a new computer with XP on it.

so they say that you can just update from Vista to XP without reformat or anymore... (so they claim) but wouldn't that cause complications with drivers, software and some hardware.... as well how much do you think Vista will cost??

I already tested this, while it is supported by Microsoft... I don't recommend it... I had a lot of problems with things I had custom on XP... I ended up doing a clean wipe anyways...

I already tested this, while it is supported by Microsoft... I don't recommend it... I had a lot of problems with things I had custom on XP... I ended up doing a clean wipe anyways...

i figured. since i have only done the reformat through burning all my stuff to DVDs and wiping, can someone tell me how to do it easier ways? i never messed with backup CDs and such.

i figured. since i have only done the reformat through burning all my stuff to DVDs and wiping, can someone tell me how to do it easier ways? i never messed with backup CDs and such.

not really an easier way unless you have a flash drive or external drive of some kind to use.

I run it in my VMare network and I will not upgrade from xp anytime soon.

I did say the same thing running 3.1 to 95....mmm

Nope..still wont run it for a while.

Security is a pain more than a helper. I run XP Pro now on my gamer and I dont even run AV..no spyware no virus, its just a marketing scam...Few tips and your pretty much golden.

They stole from Firefox just like they did MAC...well linux.

Google Ubuntu if you ever want a wicked system for everything but games..sigh MS is good for a few things.

Crash..aka the mad cow

I really have LITTLE or NO issues with it, and find it work MUCH better then XP ever did for a lot of stuff that I do. Security checking gets in the way but not a big deal after awhile. No real driver issues and combined with ONECARE I dont have to touch the thing ever really. I would have issues with the $399 ultimate price point, $299 I could eat..but wow i could get a couple of Wii's for that amount.. ;)