ps3 woes

tWc|WhiteyFord

well i just did the 1.3 update and now the ps3 wont read my games or movies

i put one in and it acts like it is reading it yet it wont show up. so what do i do now?

anyone know what to do?

Go buy an Xbox 360?

Man, what's with all the haters here? The XBox 360 is nice, but that raises the problems of (1) Blu-Ray playback* and (2) what do you do with your copy of Resistance?

Get a Wii.

What? I love the Wii, but it doesn't play DVDs. That doesn't even make sense!

I'm glad you got your problem resolved, Whitey. I'm sorry to hear the firmware upgrade zonked your system, and I hope the replacement box works well for you.

*Yes, yes, Blu-Ray vs. HD-DVD has the potential to be the next big Holy war, and "everyone" wants to wait and see who will win/who will build the first dual-technology player, but the technologies are here and it is the early adopters who end up having the biggest consumer voice, so respect those who have an investment -- they're deciding our future.

i love watching blue ray movies on my 50 inch xsrd sony tv. regular dvds just dont compare anymore. this was one of the main reasons i bought the ps3 was for the great deal on the blue ray. however i love video games too, well yall know that.

anyways thanks fox, oh and i was curious i already beat nfs carbon so i need a new game. is that resistance game anygood? well should have my new system in a few days. i cant wait cause i got the punisher on blue ray and cant wait to check it out in hd.

I got the HD-DVD add-on for the 360, and yes, the visuals are so amazing. Watching a regular DVD now looks grainy.

This might be an easy question, but can someone tell me if the PS3 plays DVDs? My first search on google turned up a bunch of nonsense about combo players...

BTW, well said App Fox.

I got the HD-DVD add-on for the 360, and yes, the visuals are so amazing. Watching a regular DVD now looks grainy.

This might be an easy question, but can someone tell me if the PS3 plays DVDs? My first search on google turned up a bunch of nonsense about combo players...

BTW, well said App Fox.

The PS3's Blu-ray drive will also support many of the older disc formats, including CD-ROM, CDR+W, DVD, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, and DVD+R.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6125429/index.html

I don't know from experience, and the demo at our local Wal-Mart always freezes up at one point (plus it's not playable) but from what I've seen it looks really cool, and I've heard nothing but good things from PS3 owners when I was hunting the elusive Wii.

Hey, whudats, I just try to be fair. Besides, an even-keel, middle-of-the-road opinion is rare is the world of the console Holy Wars, so the odds that I can find a unique reason to bash any console are low. Might as well stand out this way :)

Edited by appalachian_fox

Hey, whudats, I just try to be fair. Besides, an even-keel, middle-of-the-road opinion is rare is the world of the console Holy Wars, so the odds that I can find a unique reason to bash any console are low. Might as well stand out this way :)

Roger that. :smillie_smilling:

Edited by whudats