007 on the Wii

[LaW]Maverick

Maverick' date='Dec 14 2006, 02:46 PM' post='381837']

I don't have my Wii yet (I have to wait until Christmas) and I wanted to know how Goldeneye played.....or if it's even out on the virtual console yet. Anyone know?

The only n64 game thats downloadable at the moment is Super Mario 64.

I imagine that Goleneye is high up on their list to release...it was only one of the 3 most popular games on the n64....

I refer, of course, to Super Mario 64, Goleneye, and Mariokart 64

I have all three for my n64, but it will be interesting to play it on the Wii I think. Besides, I can only hook so many game systems up to my TV at one time.

Maverick' date='Dec 15 2006, 04:35 PM' post='382047']

I have all three for my n64, but it will be interesting to play it on the Wii I think. Besides, I can only hook so many game systems up to my TV at one time.

Blah. You try getting about 12 consoles hooked up to one TV.

With all due respect, Super Mario Brothers did far better than Goldeneye, as I imagine Super Mario Brothers 3 did (which I still believe is the best-selling unbundled game ever). Neither of those have a release date. I don't disagree with it being a popular game, it's just that the Virtual Console doesn't seem to be giving priority to a lot of popular games.

Perhaps they're working on network-awareness for multiplayer over the 'Net? Perhaps they're uncomfortable with the Internet capability of the Wii so far and are developing a firmware fix before their Wii Shop channel gets even more slammed? Maybe they have to get ESRB approval? Maybe they just like making us wait? Who knows.

Not that Wikipedia's the "horse's mouth"...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Console_%28Wii%29

Didn't Rare get bought by MS?

On March 26, 2006, Matt Casamassina, Editor-in-Chief of IGN Wii, had announced in his blog that Nintendo's Wii Virtual Console service, a feature which allows players to download games from the history of Nintendo, will be "Rareless". He stated that he had "met with some Rare/Microsoft staff" while attending the 2006 Game Developers Conference, who confirmed once and for all that the Virtual Console will not see any Rare-owned licenses. This means that classic Rare titles such as Perfect Dark, Jet Force Gemini, and Banjo-Kazooie (to name a few) may be absent from the download service; GoldenEye 007 may be a possibility as the James Bond video game license is held by Activision and would require Activision's, but not Rare's, permission to be released on the system. The Donkey Kong games that were developed by Rare remain unaffected, since Nintendo retain the rights to the Donkey Kong series.

However, despite the blog post, Rare nor Microsoft have yet to make an official announcement regarding this particular issue.