Finally got a Wii..

Batman

Last week I was at Disney World on vacation, great week.. Light crouds, and good weather..

Ive waited in line 3 times for a Wii and didnt get one since launch.. But last week in Florida I called WalMart and they told me Wendsday at 8:00am.. I got there at 7:00 and the line was pretty big, I was number 51 and they had 57.. Woohoo!!! I got Zelda and Trama Center.. I have it hidden and im not gonna get it out till Christmas, the kids dont think there is a chance in heck to get one befor Christmas... They are gonna be suprised..

Im thinkin about getting Raymon or Excite Truck too, and 3 more wiimotes/chucks.. Anyone have any games to recommend?

Edited by Batman

first off, nice snag on the wii!

On the games, some of the launch titles don't impress me much... I'm wondering how that Trama Center game looks since I saw some of it on the DS.

oh yeah, batty, if you like graphical text games, I highly suggest you get Phoenix Wright (if you didn't yet... not sure since I know you have a heck of a lot of games). That game rules and I already pre-ordered the second one.

I passed on Phoenix Wright, just didnt sound very good... My game buying has slowed down alot now that I started a new job 3 months ago.. I have the money, I just dont have the time like I used to.. This new job seems to be sucking my soul right out of me.. Plus we have a 6 month old baby that has taken my night time playing away..

Edited by Batman

Get Raymon, it's a great game. :) Nothing cooler than hunting bunnies with a plunger gun. They have a lot of different mini games that utilize the Wii remotes and about every way possible. I have it but haven't beaten it yet. My arm gets sore quickly from playing it.

Redsteel was a disapointment, don't get it. I bought it and played it for 10 mins before i put it away. I have 4 complete wii remotes and i still don't feel like trying it out multiplayer.

Good luck on getting the Wii remotes. It took me a month to get mine. I ordered it directly from the Nintendo site and it took a month for them to get it to me.

ugh.. when will the demand for this wane?

Probably a good bit after Christmas, but it still seems crazy-huge. It may be even longer before they're "commonly available"...you know, not selling out immediately when they arrive.

Of course, you might talk with some of the other community members...I seem to recall some of them seeing Wiis sitting on shelves...

As an aside, for those who have a Wii, check it today.

If you register your Wii at nintendo.com, you can get a free 90 day extended warrenty on it. Just gotta create an account there, register the pin number on the console, and thats it.

2-3 year warranty baby... i got a replacement plan when i got mine at best buy.

ditto with my xbox360 and now come to think of it... everything i own has a plan to it.

no i didn't get paid to say this >_>

Yeah I registered mine already, the internet trial is very cool.. I showed my wife and she spent about an hr on ebay.. The wii is well worth the $250 price tag, but I did spent an extra $180 on the 3 extra controller sets.. They should sell a remote/chuck for $50 in a pack.. That would have saved me some money, probably would have gotten a 4th game if they did that..

Yeah I registered mine already, the internet trial is very cool.. I showed my wife and she spent about an hr on ebay.. The wii is well worth the $250 price tag, but I did spent an extra $180 on the 3 extra controller sets.. They should sell a remote/chuck for $50 in a pack.. That would have saved me some money, probably would have gotten a 4th game if they did that..

... that's all we did today was play Wii sports and rayman raving rabbits. I pwned!

Which 3 games did you get? Im sure Zelda was one of them.

Yeah I got Zelda, Raymon, and Trauma Center.. I havent opened or tried Trauma Center yet. We have been playing Sports and Zelda the most.. Bought 2000 Wii points and got Super Castlevania and Gunstar Heroes, I spent about 1.5 hrs on Super Castlevania last night..

Don't forget to buy insurance/warranty for your TV when kids or yourself are playing Wii :)

You have to have pretty low intelligence if you're gonna let go of your wiimote when you're playing. My little cousin (thats like in the first or second grade) can play it NO problem.. and he swings like a madman sometimes.