Off to England

anonymo

heh, have fun at Pearson :freak3:

THat was mean...I did not have fun at pearson...

I show up really early expecting major delays/lost of congestion. So I show up for my 10:55 pm flight at 6pm. Oh look at that...the airport is empty! Wonderful! So I get to my gate (because Pearson is under construction you have to take a 15min bus ride to the international terminal) and find out it's been delayed by an hour. Find out you can no longer smoke ANYWHERE in the airport :bang::bang: So i brave the journey and take the bus back to the main terminal, go out of security and to the front entrance (only place to have a butt). Walk back in and oh...another delay (the fog wouldn't let the plane take off at heathrow). Great...so I get back on the bus...get to the other terminal only to find out (around 11:30) that the plane that is coming from heathrow is having mechanical problems and will be grounded when it lands...oh it gets better...now we have to go back to the main terminal to get the next plane...THAT LEAVES AT 3AM!!! :bang::bang::bang: So I figure now that I'm close to the front entrance I'll go for a smoke...so I do...and as I'm coming back through security for the 3rd time...2 officers come up to me as i pass the detectors. They take me to a back room and start asking me all sorts of questions. "where are you going?" "where are you from" "show us proof" and the kicker "why are you going in and out of the security checkpoint?" Uhhhhhhh...haha...I kinda freaked out (in a humorous manner) and explained to them that i was going for smokes and what was going on with my flight...they understood (thank goodness) and we had a laugh...so yeah...spent 9hours at the airport...then 7 hours on a flight...then 3 hour car trip through the british country side to get to stoke (where my uncle's fam lives) and then I went out with my cousin until 3am (0 time) so....considering I got up on saturday at 10am...36 hours straight i was up... :freak3: