Need a Volunteer to do a Graphic for Web

Fatty

Here's what I need:

I'd like a map of the US that will show the demographics of our attendees through a distribution map. i.e. a color coded map that shows something like:

1-2 attendees from a state = whatever color

and a blend all the way through like, well, ohio will be the color on the other end......and the number inside the state noting how many are coming.

This person would host this file, keep it up to date with the list of attendees, and have it featured on our website somehow (with thanks of course).

Anyone who:

a) understands what the heck i'm looking for

B) can do it?

I guess an alternative to this would be to do one of those google maps.....but then people would have to register themselves and I'm sure we'd not get everyone on there...some would get on that aren't coming, etc.....plus to incorporate the image would be another thing....

ffo2007states.gif

Took about 5 minutes to make this in MS Paint, including counting the states already on the attendees page, using this and just doing flood-fills: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:BlankMap-USA-states.png Should only take about 2 minutes any time it needs to be updated. For some reason when I did the numbers as 0x000000 it comes up in a browser as transparent. They could easily be made a deep grey.

GC Founder

THat's great Mook, but a canuck did sign up today.....can you do all of North America?

Kill the background to black somehow to match the FF site and you'll be golden...

I LOVE IT!

That's exactly what I was looking for....exactly. Very nice. I mean.. <looks around, leans in close and whispers> I wouldn't care if you left Canada off....but we do have quite a few of them that show up...and they are easily offended.

<sees Anonymo coming and sits up straight>

Yes, um, get Canada on there, eh?

Ohhh, ohhh!!!

Integrate some stats about % of rookies, 2nd year peeps, etc.....with some kewl little graphs.....

<looks at mookie...ducks under some flying object>

• 4 weeks later...