What will apple release today?

akaM2

Im such a mac fanboy im wating www.macrumorslive.com they are basically describing the Macworld press conference right now.

Possibly new Displays?

Apple Ipod/Phone hybrid from cingular?

New computer?

I CANT WAIT!

My tax refund cant come quick enough

Im such a mac fanboy im wating www.macrumorslive.com they are basically describing the Macworld press conference right now.

Possibly new Displays?

Apple Ipod/Phone hybrid from cingular?

New computer?

I CANT WAIT!

My tax refund cant come quick enough

What will Apple release this year? Hopefully, if my dreams come true, all of their employees and shareholders. Apple sucks. Form over functionality + marketing expertise != good product line.

@ dunlavy

functionality? you mean like a pretty-UI-built-on-top-of-a-stable-unix-based-kernel-with-productivity-apps-that-load-in-a -fraction-of-a-second-compared-to-win, functionality?

@ maggiedoodle

you're right. 36% = other, 62% = ipod, 2% = zune. my original forecast was off by 1% :lol2:

wow; a pie chart labeled "market share" shows the ipod with a 62% market share...and the zune with 32%? that's about 31% higher for the zune than i assumed.

zune had 2% market share

ipod 64

other mp3 players 30 somthing

iTV is out

1168363732-thumb.jpg

1168363860-thumb.jpg

1168363669-thumb.jpg

zune has been out for what... 3 months or something... give it time... it will never have what ipod has, but it will most likely gain some more market share.

and as far as macs loading apps in a fraction of the pcs time... yeah right... i work in a publishing company... we are 50% macintosh... I can attest to 2 things...

1. They are no faster nor slower then workstation pcs...

2. They are not problem free.

and as far as macs loading apps in a fraction of the pcs time... yeah right... i work in a publishing company... we are 50% macintosh... I can attest to 2 things...

1. They are no faster nor slower then workstation pcs...

2. They are not problem free.

dreamweaver loads in less than 15 seconds on my piece of garbage mac g4. my amd64 with twice as much ram loads it in about 45 seconds. then there's photoshop...

i can attest to 2 things...

1. ms ui is at least 2 cycles behind apple

2. the mighty mouse can beat up your mouse.

and by the sounds of the mac world keynote, apple's r&d is a generation ahead of redmond's. why didn't the zune come out of the gate with these features? instead, enjoy your restricted "wifi."

Ok...let's do this

Mac is definitely form over functionality

I will argue that any day, any time

They do have some stable stuff going on, and the iPod doesn't crash or anything. I personally don't like the touch-wheel, but it does look cool.

However, every single Mac that I have EVER used has crashed at least once almost every time I sit down and use one for prolonged periods of time. Without exception. Yes, even the new macs.

PCs will crash too, I agree. My PC doesn't crash nearly as often though, and that is just my isolated personal experience so I realize that I may have just had bad luck.

I can tell you this for sure: it's all about preference. Which OS do you like better? Do you care how pretty it looks? Do you love iTunes? That's what decides it. If you love Mac, good for you--I hope you have better luck with them than I have. If you love PC good for you too! Don't harp on other people for liking one or the other though. Can't we all just get along?

As for myself...I loathe macs, but that's my opinion and it should only matter to me :D

$499 for 4gb $599 for 8gb, released June. exclusive carrier = cingular. possibly cheaper with contract.

OUCH

in reality, look at the dell axim

http://www.dell.com/content/products/produ...;l=en&s=dhs

499, on special for 349 with only 256mb of onboard memory, no phone capabilities, or any of the other features.

499 isnt too bad when you think an ipod is in it too, plus im sure cingular will discount it if you sign a contract

OUCH was not meant to imply it wasn't worth it. That was just the noise taht will come from my wallet when I purchase it. You are correct, John and I were talkinga bout it earlier, its pretty much 3 gadgets in one. Phone, PDA, and MP3. Will it also play video? I assume it will (based on M2's link, the answer is yes).

We were also discussing whether it will be as usable (for lack of a better word) as the ipod is. IE, car stereo synchs, etc. That would be the bomb to be able to plug it into your car stereo and have it work like a media bank and a hands free phone through your car system. Then unplug it for the walk into the office. Hook it up to the comp and get all your files you worked on from home the night before.

I like the itv thing too. Wondering what the front end looks like and exactly how good the wireless transfer is of good size video files. I assume it plays as it transfers. Any hiccups and yer movie is not as enjoyable. (I know it has a 40 gig HD, but if I already have 100 gigs of movies on my network I have to move the movie before I want to watch it. That would be a pain)

I've been toying with this concept with several different applications for a few years now. Would be nice if it comes prepackaged. Get that thing to time shift and record TV shows from my cable box and I'm hooked.

oh MAN M2...that link to the iPhone makes me want one SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO badly...

so when is this thing coming out? cause I'm already a Cingular customer (which means I'll get screwed on price) and I'm in the market for a cell phone with internet access.