My New Beast of a PC

Metallurgic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i just remembered that I have an Antec tri-cool fan (just like the ones included, only clear in color) that I put in my current case, I'll just snatch it out of my old case and it'll feel right at home. Considering I don't have THAT much hardware, that might be overkill for cooling having four 120mm fans, but it shouldnt make too much of a difference in noise and when I do get an 8800 (or ati equivalent, tba) I should have more than enough cooling. Now if only the darn case would get here...

I just got my P180 yesterday, and shuffled all my stuff from my old case into the new one. A couple thoughts to share for those considering this case:

1. This thing is HEAVY. I know others have said it before, but I thought they might have been exaggerating a bit. They weren't.

2. It's even bigger in person than it looks in the pictures. almost two inches taller and longer than my old case.

3. The newest revision of this case makes cable management and cooling MUCH easier. There are lots of slots at the top and sides of the motherboard tray that make hiding cables behind the tray very easy. I don't think this was the case with some of the versions being shipped in the recant past. I've never been particularly good at the cable management thing, but I think I did a pretty decent job.

I LOVE this case. It took a while to plan out where I was going to run all my wiring, but after that it was pretty easy to work in. The front air intake of the upper chamber (behind the upper hard drive cage) had one of those 120mm fan holding brackets that can be unclipped easily as well. I took my Antec Tri-Cool fan from my old case and put it there for 4x120mm intake/exhaust goodness. This case has lowered almost all my temps 10C. With Asus Q-Fan control enabled for my CPU fan, I can barely hear this thing running at all, core temps on CPU around 37c like this.

Not sure if the older revisions had this, but I like that the top two exhaust fans have the speed control switches on the outside back of the case.

The only thing I can't figure out is what the two round black openings on the back of the case where the VGA duct used to be are for. They look like they're supposed to allow cables to run through it in/out of the case, but I can't imagine what you would need to do that for.

Anyways, very very very happy with my purchase and this case.

Boiler Up!

Sounds like they updated the case quite a bit. On mine you can't adjust the fan speed from the outside. I just keep them on full; they're not very powerful or loud.

This is the quietest case I've ever owned, Ive been happy with it. Also, the filters are doing a great job of keeping dust out.

Unfortunately I can't make any temperature comparisons over my old case since I replaced everything in one shot.