the ultimate beast system

Cujo

(edited)
haha you cant help but go over by about $50 can you? :D

well i was at ~3000 with a different case but then i remembered he wanted sli so i lowered the case and added the second card. if you wanted to be under 3400 then just don't get the oc'ed versions. that would drop it about 50 bucks.

You know what...i would assume that OS and games will go on the raptor. I have a 74 right now and it is kinda full...

Maybe save $50 somewhere else and go for the raptor 150 GB. I think the trade off would be worth it...plus, by comparison, the 150 is slightly faster plus has NCQ, which could get interesting with the MOBO and the packet prioritizing ethernet as well as quad core...some cool apps/games that could make that fun in the next 6 mos.

Hmmm...what kind of monitor does he have? Same as has been said in other threads, but an intel quad-core and dual 8800GTX is going to be overkill for almost anything other than (at the VERY least) a 24"...but optimally a 30"...simply not enough resolution to cause them to break a sweat...in addition, afik...the sli drivers have not been worked out very well for the 8800s yet...for instance, no 32AA etc...

Good choices on everything else...I probably could suggest other PSU or case, but that is just esoteric details...

Edited by Tek-Almighty