KP's New Toy!! =D

Peckles

Heh, mostly just solo work for now. I'm not actively looking for a band, but I certainly wouldn't turn down an offer. I'm actually a music student, so the opportunities for finding a group are pretty much endless.

I was bored one day and added (regrettably) a couple MySpace pages (after formerly swearing off MySpace because I hate it). One is just for me, the other is musically inclined. Stupid page <--This is it, I haven't done anything flashy with it, nor do I have any real intention of doing so, but it does have a few songs, and a short, fictional and dumb bio-type dealie.

*still excited for shiny new plaything*

Heh, mostly just solo work for now. I'm not actively looking for a band, but I certainly wouldn't turn down an offer. I'm actually a music student, so the opportunities for finding a group are pretty much endless.

I was bored one day and added (regrettably) a couple MySpace pages (after formerly swearing off MySpace because I hate it). One is just for me, the other is musically inclined. Stupid page <--This is it, I haven't done anything flashy with it, nor do I have any real intention of doing so, but it does have a few songs, and a short, fictional and dumb bio-type dealie.

*still excited for shiny new plaything*

I just checked out all 4 songs you have, so Ill give you my review.

Your beats are pretty good. I like where they are going, but the vocals are poor, and the lyrics are WAY too simple and shallow.

I wasn't feeling the happy-go-lucky style of the music mainly because of the lyrics, but I was really diggin the beats. The beats as of now are simple, but if you added some depth to them, you could make one hell of a backround track.

This was just my 2 cents. I hope it helps in some way and the best of luck!. :hug:

As far as the vocals issue goes, I don't really care how bad they are, I know I'm not a terrific singer and I've never prided myself on being so. I don't consider criticisms on my vocals at all, since in a real produced and properly finished version of any of the songs, either someone else would do them or I'd do them over and over again til they sounded good enough.

And as far as the lyrics go...That's your opinion, and you're perfectly entitled to it. I write what I think, and often what I think is not all that serious;.

My technology is very limited, as all the instruments are synth and I use a primitive compiling method.

Reviewing it is fine, I wouldn't put it up if I couldn't take the criticism, but I don't change music to pander to anyone but myself. That being said, I will certainly keep in mind your comments if I'm ever to actually produce anything properly, and I appreciate you taking the time. :hug::smillie_smilling:

I thought your lyrics were better than most of the "rock" thats out there atm. At least you have syncopation and a good rhythmic flow. Did you write "The Luck I Have" for me? It sounds like it... :D

too simple and shallow

Wow...completely forgot about the 90's already have we?

Its true that bands like Limp Bizkit, who were huge in the 90s also had shallow lyrics and made it big. The times have changed. The most popular bands around today have poetic, complex, and symbolic lyrics.

Its true that bands like Limp Bizkit, who were huge in the 90s also had shallow lyrics and made it big. The times have changed. The most popular bands around today have poetic, complex, and symbolic lyrics.

Popular as in....With today's youth? People in their 30s-40s? Specifics...

The slew of 'emo' bands and wannabe rebel bands is through the roof, and most of em suck. Hard metal? Please, all the songs are the same, a lot of their lyrics make me sick, and the instrumentation is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Hiphop/rap is popular, but I'll have 3425345 legs before those lyrics are remotely close to deep. I'm not saying they're all like that, but to say that popular music is deep is ridiculous. If you wanna call my lyrics shallow straight up, fair enough, but don't compare me to the popular crap that we have to put up with on the airwaves, because frankly, that's just insulting to me.

And saxes are cool too =P If I ever have a whole lot of money kicking around, I wanna buy every possible instrument there is, and butcher each and every one of em! =D

*shrugs* You said my lyrics are shallow, then later said that most popular stuff these days have deep lyrics, apparently unlike mine, so I drew what I believe is the natural conclusion. Whether you meant it as I read it or not, I still felt the sting.

*shrugs* You said my lyrics are shallow, then later said that most popular stuff these days have deep lyrics, apparently unlike mine, so I drew what I believe is the natural conclusion. Whether you meant it as I read it or not, I still felt the sting.

Im not trying to offend you, but if you plan on entering the world of music, you need to learn to deal with criticism.

Not everyone has the same taste in music.

I can deal with criticism just fine, but I won't take it unless I'm commercial, and I'm not, so I really don't have to put up with it. Sharing is one thing, I'm letting you guys know what I write, but selling it is another thing, meaning that I'm trying to make money off it. I'm not selling it, so I don't have to answer to anybody about it for why I don't write what they perceive as good. Either you like it or you don't. I'm still insulted, regardless of what you meant.

I have been playing guitar for 20 or more years keep it up don't let anyone steal your thunder it only gets better with time sounds great so far!

my favorite bassist is les claypool look him up also the bass player for bela fleck also rocks out here some links for you

and as keller williams puts it "if you hear this song you know that I am just focusing on the bass!"<---insert bass sounds

Keller Williams - Novelty song

This is a Novelty song

the kind that mean absolutely nothing at all,

please Take my advice and tune out the words,

and just focus on the bass

A silly ignorant song,

should have never ever seen the light of day at all,

but it did. and I suggest go check all the cd's an the tee shirts

and just focus on the bass

BASS SOLO

While I play my novelty song,

Y'all can scream the names of other songs

that you hope that I will drop what I'm doing and play

but i won't because I'm focusing on the bass

not a song a label will push

the radio it speaks to me and tells me that it's complete mush

and it tells me to go back, go back into the woods,

and so i do and i focus on the bass

BASS SOLO

When is it going to end is what you were thinking,

don't you hate the way I get up inside your head?

and sing all the things that your thinking,

I can do this cause I focus on the bass

So why you ask does it continue to go on?

sounds like I'm making it up as I go along, cause I did,

and I should probably give more of a ****, but I don't.

so I focus on the bass.

BIG BASS SOLO

I don't care it was a novelty song

but don't you wish I you listened when I said tune out the words

but you didn't and now we've gotten this far

simply because we focused on the bass

So if there is a next time that come to my show

and you hear me start this song then you will surely know

not to listen to the words,

and to focus on the bass

BIG FAT BASS LOOP

links to les and victor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dWb-aCWR8U

And saxes are cool too =P If I ever have a whole lot of money kicking around, I wanna buy every possible instrument there is, and butcher each and every one of em! =D

Yeah, I'm trying to learn a bit about most of the instruments in band. Alto sax is my main instrument, but I'm playing baritone sax right now. I've played around with tuba and oboe so far but that's it. Wanna get a keyboard.