I like arguing

Fatty

I like arguing.

I grew up in a house where for many of my years, I listened to my nerdy brother debate stuff with my dad over the table. At some point I joined in, but, being the athletic type, resorted to slapping them around if they were right. J/k, but in all seriousness, I love a good debate.

The question is, are you able to debate, or plain argue, without getting heated. Mini and I, being such long-time friends, are quick to get heated, but we have many classic arguments (resists urge to open yet).

The fun part, however, is that there are many topics that I can enjoy arguing about from etiher side, just to see what sort of case someone else builds. I'm sure mrX just loves this type of stuff.

So, anyone want to argue?

Maybe we could make an attempt at a debate forum. The problem that resurfaces is whether or not people can debate without getting upset, personal, or resorting to nonsense or insults, as well as turning it into some sort of heckling.

oooooooooooo

:rolleyes:

Anyone wanna lead the forum? We have some forums that may be drying up, and I'd be willing to put this debate forum right up with the others. No, topics are not political, nor should arguments stem from research. In fact, the best arguments, IMO, are the ones where either side could be right, it's just a matter of how your argument is presented. Perhaps it's more the logical part that entrigues me.

So anyways, perhaps our first argument could be whether or not this will work?

I don't know if it would work

now maybe having a scheduled debate once a week that lasts for like 3 days in a specific forum (most likely PA) where ppl could know the topic in advance and off-topic posts get deleted................maybe that would work.

but a forum where anyone can bring up any debate....wait we already have PA and Religion

:)

i argue with fatty almost daily

...just for the sake of arguement

hes fat, hes fat, (real real fat), u know it, chomon, if the whole world had to answer right now...hes fat.

id be suprised if he wasnt italian or polish.

GC Founder
No, topics are not political, nor should arguments stem from research.  In fact, the best arguments, IMO, are the ones where either side could be right, it's just a matter of how your argument is presented

Gond....like I said, the PA has too much "belief" and "ego" packed into it.

I'm not talking about things that serious.

For example:

Green is the best color.

Don't you think you could have fun arguing either side of that?

And why don't you think it will work, Playaa? Are you convinced that the PA is the only example of how we are able to debate? The PA is just that, an asylum. Don't dare go in there if you can't handle it.

I'm talking about fun arguments, based on logic, where you can still smile while you type.

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests

i hate you all.

but a debate forum sounds... fun. something else for me to do to pass the time while in school... :D

Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guest [DW]Archaic
Guests

argueing accomplishes nothing.

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

^^^^^^^^^^^^

your arguing over the argument topic.... :D

GC Founder
haha, the funny part is, you can't take a joke while u like to dish out many :lol:

o, and if u were taking that as heckling u, ur mistaken :P

Explain yourself, and we'll debate it.

Go reread the context again, and the explain what all your o's are, if I'm mistaken.

Next, what joke can't I take? You're making it personal by telling me I'm a certain way, which is why these things turn the way they do.

If you can explain all your o's, I would gladly give ear. So, let's hear what you meant/mean.

Next, Archaic, you're gravely wrong, and thank you for taking such a strong stance. Saying that arguing accomplishes nothing means we should be feeble minded, agree with everything, and strive to prove nothing. If arguing didn't accomplish anything, we wouldn't have a wonderful country to live in.

Now, we're not going to argue the death penalty, no, nothing that serious.

Dirk would be out and would have forfeited already with his comment. Thank you for an example of how to quickly forfeit an argument, you knew I needed that example, didn't you? But, as we see, Playaa brings back a very nice question about Dirk and green. GG!

And lastly, I'm proud of you, bukket.

GC Founder

Also, I'll admit that my example of ST's comment started the ball rolling. I made it personal for him when I used him as an example. He then in turn gave me some mystery to discern. From there it unravels until someone feels better about themselves, dunno. Those are the things that won't happen in here. No half-mystery posts, no snide remarks, etc.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Archaic,Mar 11 2003, 03:32 PM]argueing accomplishes nothing.

I think his point might be more towards... arguing accomplishes nothing... but discussion/debate is good. There is a grave difference and those that don't know that should learn the difference... which is, as I see it, part of the basis upon why this thread was created.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

You know nothing's getting done when talking's all you hear... like someone revving up a truck, never put in gear. You don't see a cowboy run his mouth and strut around, he just takes the bull by the horns and throws it to the ground. Taking care of business, not just putting on a show. But when it comes down to it, everybody knows it's not the smoke, it's the fire that gets the burning done. If it wasn't for the bullet, nobody'd fear the gun. It ain't the bark, it ain't the growl, it's the bite that hurts. Thunder's just a noise, boys, lightning does the work.

I've heard thunder talking up a storm - rattling my window and knocking on my door. I've seen lightning blow a cyprus tree in half - while thunder's busy talking, lightning's kicking... butt.

Guest Ex-Archaic nonMCC number owning
Guests

([DW]Archaic @ Mar 11 2003, 03:32 PM)

argueing accomplishes nothing.
I think his point might be more towards... arguing accomplishes nothing... but discussion/debate is good. There is a grave difference and those that don't know that should learn the difference... which is, as I see it, part of the basis upon why this thread was created.

thank you tape. :P

*darn, i cannot figure out those dumb quote things!

Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guest Talent
Guests

uh oh, he said *oh wow*...perhaps we should ban him :rolleyes:

wait a second, i was quoting what he said, therefore shouldn't your edit have been *darn ???