New Linkin Park Album

Rashad

I watched the music video a couple days ago. Their 'new sound' isn't THAT much different. The main difference I noticed is that Mike is no longer rapping. He just sings ever so slightly at the very end of the song as a backup singer.

I wonder if this is the case with the rest of the cd

• 2 months later...

This CD was worth it to me. Great CD.. First I liked from Linkin Park since Hybrid Theory.

"Leave Out All the Rest" has to be one of my favorite songs now. That's #3.

#7 is also a great song. Listen to the lyrics. I respect bands that can be out spoken. That's why Megadeth is my favorite band.

Oh, that reminds me.. If you like old school Megadeth.. Get United Abomination.. New CD.. Awesome as well. :)

But yeah.. Overall I was very pleased with this CD..

Now.. if you're going to judge a CD by the pace of some of the songs.. that's just wrong. Gotta listen to the melody, rhythm, and lyrics. Don't just listen for the pace of the song.. :)

I never liked linkin park. I always thought they were just a limp bizkit(which I didn't like either) spinoff.

BTW, I recently picked up a re-release of "Over the James" by Avail. Probably was their best CD and was released in 98. I give the richmond guys 5/5 stars for this album.

(edited)
Now.. if you're going to judge a CD by the pace of some of the songs.. that's just wrong. Gotta listen to the melody, rhythm, and lyrics. Don't just listen for the pace of the song.. :)

No, it's not wrong. With the exception of the few songs I listed above, the entire CD uses the same boring formula for each track and it's VERY redundant.

Start off slow, get a little louder, chorus, get slow again, a little louder, chorus again. LAME! I've taken craps that sound better than this CD.

Edited by YoMamma

No, it's not wrong. With the exception of the few songs I listed above, the entire CD uses the same boring formula for each track and it's VERY redundant.

Start off slow, get a little louder, chorus, get slow again, a little louder, chorus again. LAME! I've taken craps that sound better than this CD.

Wait...is someone expecting anything more from LP? I mean, their first album was a complete rip off of the underground music scene when it came out, they are pretty much the Backstreet Boys of rave scene...or do people consider them legit?

• 8 months later...
(edited)

lol

Most popular music is the same. There's a general formula that works, and it's used to sell music to the average fans of music. Hence, pop music!

Lyrically, it's either "oh my life sucks/no one understands", "I'll love you forever", or "authority sucks".

I used to think the average listener was an idiot, then I realized that just because they're an idiot I don't have to hate them. :) Most people listen to music because they enjoy it, and that's about it. Kudos to them. Brit has to sell her music to someone I guess!

\m/

Edited by DarkArchon