Map Rotation

NorgmaN

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What error is de_cpl_mill giving you?

Everyone was getting the error that the versions did not match. Even after removing the map from my maps folders and after the server downloaded it, it gave me the error again. It killed the server yesterday when it was pretty much full.

I am getting sick of CAL. Apparently they've just released new BSPs for de_cpl_mill and de_russka. NFO updated de_cpl_mill with no notice. It's not clear yet if de_russka has been updated also.

Thanks for bringing this up. I am going to ask NFO what their deal is and why they don't tell clients when they're doing this stuff. Same exact move was made by them with de_contra.

Mill should be all set. Russka has not been updated; NFO support (or at least the guy I talked to) didn't yet know it was updated as well. So, they know now for sure, and it'll get updated. Russka of course should be a more worthwhile update since CAL claims misc. fixes on a map that had misc. problems, along with a radar overview packed into the BSP. For Mill, CAL offers only removing the Easter egg and the gravity stuff.

Mill should be all set. Russka has not been updated; NFO support (or at least the guy I talked to) didn't yet know it was updated as well. So, they know now for sure, and it'll get updated. Russka of course should be a more worthwhile update since CAL claims misc. fixes on a map that had misc. problems, along with a radar overview packed into the BSP. For Mill, CAL offers only removing the Easter egg and the gravity stuff.

the easter egg thing was really REALLY annoying..also i distinctly remember playing this with votes once

office

dust2

aztec

office

italy

office

...i say just get rid of the voting...OFFICE ISNT A GOOD MAP

...i say just get rid of the voting...OFFICE ISNT A GOOD MAP

Our shared enemy, the voters, are once again in control of the map cycle. Tookey, your leader, has asked me and my mother to teach you the F10'ing way, to cross the voters. We must do more than this. We must totally destroy all game play on the map cycle. The coalition and the entire universe depends on the map cycle. He who can destroy a thing controls a thing. I will take 100 of your members and train them. This 100 will train the thousands that remain. When game play stops, all eyes will turn to the map cycle. Mookie and even Fatty himself will be forced to deal with us. The map cycle will become the centre of the universe.

we should put dust and militia (and i would want to put in assault or assault_upc but i think i'll get yelled at for this suggestion) in on certain nights into the rotation

as for votes, i dont know how the map choices are generated, the choices should be populated so it is not a map that has been played recently, such as last 5-6 maps; it is tiring to play dust2, italy, cobble, dust2, italy, cobble

and get rid of the god-awful night-fever

I don't think that there'd be nearly as much of a problem if there was just a way of keeping a map that just got played from showing up on the vote options for 3-5 rounds. that way one map doesn't just get played over and over like office. (I've been playing once where we literally played office every other map because there was no admin and a bunch of people who apparently wanted to have been playing on a 24/7 office server.:boo::bang::erm:

The fact is, custom maps are part of what defines our server. If we wanted to be like the hundreds of other servers out there then we'd run the same few standard maps over and over, but we aren't and we don't want to be. Ever since the early days of Project Mayhem and our other servers, custom maps were part of what GC is and that is still true today.

Also not everyone is going to like all of the same maps. Some of the maps that you hate are ones others love. I know I really liked playing de_eminence, I thought it played well once people got used to it and thought it had a lot of potential, but some absolutely hated it. There are other maps as well. The fact is, we can't please everyone.

:luxhello: pleased