Map Rotation

NorgmaN

FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS GOOD. PLEASE PUT DECENT MAPS BACK ON THE SERVER.

I understand people like to have fun and throw in a different map every once in a while, but these custom maps are getting played way too much. (This is just my opinion.) Half of the maps kills the server, and the other half of the time there are kids that have no clue what they are doing. I understand "custom map night" and "vip night" and all the other weekly map rotations you do, but when it isn't "custom night" there shouldn't be more maps I have never heard of in my life being played consecutively.

If you don't feel the same way, thats fine, its your server. I'll still come around and play no matter what you decide =)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm with norg. there's something just not right about season + rush being played anytime before primetime. i think a simple stock rotation is good for off hours, and should it fill up, admins know they can mix up rotation with something custom.

(edited)

While as I'm not playing currently, but I'm fine with the current map rotation that was on. Personally however, I do not like de_rush or de_season. However, I am fine with stock maps as long as de_dust is never played on the server again, ever... as well as some other ones :)

Yes I know, I'm picky and I whine :wiggle2:

Edited by Allanon

Attached is an annotated histogram of traffic on de_rush in April. There's nothing from the first two weeks of the month because it was not on any rotation at that time. It's a summary of the length of each round, which team completed what objective (win, target bombed, bomb defused), and how many players were assigned to teams (not spectators or spawning). You can draw your own conclusions from this data, but what it looks like to me is that in most cases de_rush is at least holding traffic. The time that ZD is probably talking about is 4/30 00:40 central, when the server collapsed on de_rush after staying packed through de_cbble. I hope that will be an aberration, but if de_rush starts losing traffic consistently it'll be gone.

cs_business, de_lost2, de_rotterdam, and de_siena are tentatively Survivor maps and will get voted down to one.

de_rush_2007_04.txt

If you pick/like Aztec over Dust....................

The best rotation ever, in any order:

Dust, Dust2, Aztec, Cbble, Nuke, Inferno, Train, Mill, LostTemplePRO~ (contemplating Season, 3rdStreet, and Rotterdam, just b/c they are played fairly frequently now.

Once in a while: Season, Fire, Contra, Russka

Rarely/Never (custom night, vip night exceptions): Custom maps. Lost2? Siena ect

I would actually prefer to play those, but most people don't like them, haven't played them enough, so I put them lower.

Probably more out there I can't think of.

2nd Note, ZBLOCK RULEZZZ!

Btw, this is all just my opinion, you don't have to agree if you dont' want to. I'll still come frag you =)

There is just one section where it goes like season, rotterdam, lost2, sienna, etc... all in a row. I would just like these maps split up a bit.

yes thats around 6pm every night, thats whats so bad, if we have a custom have a good stock map after it.

to me its not about population of the server, its about my sanity

we have too many customs!!! :)

A couple of those maps are not even playable in the traditional sense that is cs. Lost2 is a cool looking map and a great dedication to the show "Lost." I love the show and the map is cool but that map just isn't fun. I can see playing it once in a while and on custom map nights, but not as often as it is being played now. I would rather see nightfever as a regular map since it is a more traditional stype of map without all the weird effects and what not. Season, Rotterdam and Siena are more traditional without all the wierdness and they are more preferable regular maps IMO. I ask that you put Nuke back on the rotation and NightFever as well... please! :)

• 3 weeks later...
If you won't be satisfied until every map on the rotation is either stock or CAL, you won't be satisfied.

well de_season isnt really custom so much as a cal map...and some of the customs are alright. I like rotterdam and rush, but the rest for the most part are too complicated to encourage good team play. Examples are siena, nightfever, business, etc. Some customs are alright, but there are some hours where I can play and play more terrible customs than good maps ><.

The fact is, custom maps are part of what defines our server. If we wanted to be like the hundreds of other servers out there then we'd run the same few standard maps over and over, but we aren't and we don't want to be. Ever since the early days of Project Mayhem and our other servers, custom maps were part of what GC is and that is still true today.

Also not everyone is going to like all of the same maps. Some of the maps that you hate are ones others love. I know I really liked playing de_eminence, I thought it played well once people got used to it and thought it had a lot of potential, but some absolutely hated it. There are other maps as well. The fact is, we can't please everyone.

It is impossible to please everyone. Everytime dust 2 comes up it's a good thing I don't keep a hand gun by my pc because I might end up spraying my brains against my moniter. Dust 2 is tired and old and can be had at any number of servers at any given time. I like that GC has customs thrown into the regular rotation, that is one of the reasons I decided to join GC. Italy is overrated also, that is a T map if there ever was one. Recrud is a good environment and change is good. It's a good thing when customs come around and folks are forced to learn the new map and new tactics. Otherwise for instance, a player knows the next map that is coming up and knows that he/she owns as a T or CT on the map, what motivation does this player have to choose Auto when the same old map shows up. A good player is going to do well on any map. So please keep the customs around for those of us that have grown weary of the same old same old.

(edited)

For those of you that don't believe me, this was taken at around 7pm, a day or 2 ago.

de3rdstreet0001uy4.jpg

RIGHT after that map ended.

derusska0000og2.jpg

I can get more if you'd like.

Edited by NorgmaN