Yay, its Friday

Bewildered

1.) Good 'ol Microsoft...

2.) Just about the funniest thing I've read in a while.

We are particularly interested in hearing you expand on your theories surrounding the trans-positating fillifitation of ferrous metal in a structural matrix that makes the excellent juvenile Tyrannosaurus Rex femur you recently discovered take on the deceptive appearance of a rusty 9-mm Sears Craftsman automotive crescent wrench.

:biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha::biglaugha:

:P

you must have windows update turned off...

Ah but do I pay MS every time Windows updates?

dunno, did you pay for vista?

10.4.x updates were all free - just like xp sp1, sp2, etc. 10.5 introduces a new gui, virtual windows, built in bootcamp. vista just offers crappy driver support and a buffet of price points. wohoo!

I just got an e-mail...We close our office at 3 today! Now I just gotta get all my work done...one quick detour, obligatory pick on the mac guy...

:P

you must have windows update turned off...

Ah but do I pay MS every time Windows updates?

dunno, did you pay for vista?

10.4.x updates were all free - just like xp sp1, sp2, etc. 10.5 introduces

• a new gui

I believe we call them "Themes". Besides, I'm good with Windows 2000's GUI. Is a new GUI really necessary every year and a half?

• virtual windows

You mean Virtual PC? Hasn't that been around awhile? And, while we're at it, you're saying it's a plus that Mac OS runs Windows programs? Man, I wish they'd get that MacOS emulator finished for Windows... (Actually, I really do, but that's another story).

• built in bootcamp

As opposed to slamming a CD in a drive once? Again, to run Windows (NOT MacOS)? Definitely worth my hard-earned dollar.

All-in-all? Meh. I'm sure it will be worth the money, but the feature list itself just seems so underwhelming.

In all seriousness, there's a new Mac store across the street from where I work, I think I'll be swinging in there to drool over a MacBook Pro in a few minutes...

I believe we call them "Themes". Besides, I'm good with Windows 2000's GUI. Is a new GUI really necessary every year and a half?
no, apparently every 6 years, or 3 years later than scheduled *cough* vista *cough*

virtual windows

You mean Virtual PC? Hasn't that been around awhile? And, while we're at it, you're saying it's a plus that Mac OS runs Windows programs? Man, I wish they'd get that MacOS emulator finished for Windows... (Actually, I really do, but that's another story).

no, as in virtual windows (or workspaces). as in like on linux alt+f1, alt+f2, etc.

http://www.apple.com/macosx/leopard/spaces.html

built in bootcamp
As opposed to slamming a CD in a drive once? Again, to run Windows (NOT MacOS)? Definitely worth my hard-earned dollar.
bootcamp has always been free, now it's just available on the disc image.

All-in-all? Meh. I'm sure it will be worth the money, but the feature list itself just seems so underwhelming.
windows only claim over mac is in gaming, which i've heard is teh pwn in vista.

right zd?

In all seriousness, there's a new Mac store across the street from where I work, I think I'll be swinging in there to drool over a MacBook Pro in a few minutes...
embrace it. they're better than you've been told.