Online Gaming

Saris

What's the worst part of playing with others?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Having moved temporarily back to battle.net (no explanations needed for those who have played on it) I got around to thinking about the things I hate most about playing with other people. Obviously we know what we value around here at GC, but what type of player irks you the most?

Obviously all of the above can be frustrating, so please select only three from each category. If you hate everything people do, you may select them all, but please try to stick to three each.

ALSO, for the attitude category, obviously everything will occur if someone is very upset. Thus, all those below "Rage" should be selected only if a person is actually related to that term by their normal behaviour.

They should be pretty self-explanatory. Don't confuse careless with team killer. Example, in CS, someone who shoots through you to get a kill, or throws flashbangs in front of you, let alone HE grenades. The Gosu is owning everyone, leaving no kills for you, and half the time, is more obsessed with playing for himself than the team - example, in CS, not defusing the bomb because it could POSSIBLY grant them a death count.

Anyway, post up! I look forward to the results from this.

Might as well have just named this as a topic about battle.net. I've played D2X on and off and you can find pretty much the worst of everything. All too typical that you help a guy out by killing a bunch of monsters and then if you pick up anything decent they flood the screen with "gimme gimme gimmeeeee" for the next five minutes. Too bad you can't even ban people from joining games you make, and even if you could it wouldn't matter because account names are free and unlimited. Not to mention the rampaging hacks on b.net.

I've been playing Guild Wars lately and I hate the people that kick you out of their groups the second they realize you don't know every little thing about the game. I haven't done a single mission with another person because every time I group up with people they say stuff like, "Do you know where the bonus is?", "Do you know where to go?", "Have you gotten master on this mission 20 times?". Answer, "No", to any of these and they kick you right out.

Then people constantly message you asking if you want to be in a guild and random people coming up trying to trade so you can see their useless junk you don't want. People also flood the chat with people trying to get you to join their guild dumb little guilds with more acronyms than you can shake a stick at.

That is all RPG stuff, in FPS games people who don't care about the objective, people who are arrogant and people who are jerks.

The thing that makes me most mad about CSS is hits not registering, I could go 0-10 on a map and it wouldn't bug me as much as unregistered hits. I get tons of them every map, I have even had times where I get multiple unregistered head shots on the same person. I have tried default rates, I have tried 100 rates, 50 rates, 75, 25 and everything in between. Nothing fixes my choke or unregistered hits. I am wondering what the hell Valve expects me too do to fix this thing.

• 2 weeks later...
I've been playing Guild Wars lately and I hate the people that kick you out of their groups the second they realize you don't know every little thing about the game. I haven't done a single mission with another person because every time I group up with people they say stuff like, "Do you know where the bonus is?", "Do you know where to go?", "Have you gotten master on this mission 20 times?". Answer, "No", to any of these and they kick you right out.

Then people constantly message you asking if you want to be in a guild and random people coming up trying to trade so you can see their useless junk you don't want. People also flood the chat with people trying to get you to join their guild dumb little guilds with more acronyms than you can shake a stick at.

That is all RPG stuff, in FPS games people who don't care about the objective, people who are arrogant and people who are jerks.

The thing that makes me most mad about CSS is hits not registering, I could go 0-10 on a map and it wouldn't bug me as much as unregistered hits. I get tons of them every map, I have even had times where I get multiple unregistered head shots on the same person. I have tried default rates, I have tried 100 rates, 50 rates, 75, 25 and everything in between. Nothing fixes my choke or unregistered hits. I am wondering what the hell Valve expects me too do to fix this thing.

Pubbing Guild Wars is just as bad as pubbing CSS :(

Rgr Tht

Rgr Tht

Not always, but often enough that I normally go it alone with henchies and heros. :/ Did get a great PuG a while ago and got through several Fire Island missions very well.

Of course every so often you get a great group of people, but normally their either the type VooDoo described. Or idiots who can't listen and do their own thing :(

• 1 month later...

oh whoops... i voted for what i am

Zealous - Kill steal and gank, and are VERY proud of it

Gosu - killing everything, always, never dying.

Kill Stealer/Loot Stealer/etc.

=P... i am mean when i play DAOC.. haven't played it innn a looooooooooong time though.