Windows Problem

Allanon

Hey all, Allanon has a problem again. Yes I know you're reading these forums while at work, school, or sick at home thinking what is wrong with this guy? All he ever does he spill out nonsense and now he wants our help? Yes you're right... I DO!

Anyway, I recently reformatted my computer again due to a Bioshock problem that in hindsight seems like I didn't even need to do. Still, I tried to reinstall windows, and now I need to activate but there's a catch... apparently my times are up that I can use the CD key for my OEM version of Windows XP Pro. So... now I'm stuck...

First) Is there anyway to call support and verify that I bought the CD key and that it was only a hardware change that prompted this?

Two) How much does it cost to buy just a CD Key, or do you have to buy the full OEM version?

Thanks in advance,

Allanon

Hey all, Allanon has a problem again. Yes I know you're reading these forums while at work, school, or sick at home thinking what is wrong with this guy? All he ever does he spill out nonsense and now he wants our help? Yes you're right... I DO!

Anyway, I recently reformatted my computer again due to a Bioshock problem that in hindsight seems like I didn't even need to do. Still, I tried to reinstall windows, and now I need to activate but there's a catch... apparently my times are up that I can use the CD key for my OEM version of Windows XP Pro. So... now I'm stuck...

First) Is there anyway to call support and verify that I bought the CD key and that it was only a hardware change that prompted this?

Two) How much does it cost to buy just a CD Key, or do you have to buy the full OEM version?

Thanks in advance,

Allanon

I know I've had to call in several times for "activation issues" and never had a problem, but I think the last call I had to make was for a CD Key issue (also with an OEM version of XP Pro after a format, which prompted a "your hardware appears to have changed significantly since the last install" message, although it was exactly the same setup), I was able to go through a phone process, not actually speaking with anyone and just had to say that it wasn't installed on any additional machines and was issued with a new key.

I've had the same thing for activation, but it almost always requires a conversation with someone in India.

yes just call the support number and tell them you had to reinstall because of a virus, they will then give you a long number to enter into the activation screen. Ive done it plenty of times with the same key.

debian

or.... that XP CD that was download off the net around 2001, updates to xp2 just fine, I dont see why everyone has problems, maybe the newer releases tried to fix it. To bad there are to many old ones floating around out there.

Edited by NOFX

NT 5 is NT 5 mo' less. I don't get why people seem to think XP is so much better than 2000.
you haven't lived until you've had rounded dialog boxes and a more bloated startmenu.

You haven't lived until you've used an OS that supports very little software *cough* *cough* :P