Issues

Penty

My issue is I think I'm jaded and burned out. Was looking for that awe and addiction I got when I started playing 2004 but I'm just not feeling it here. I used to fire up the game as soon as I got home and play for hours, but in the past 2 days I only played the demo twice, and quit after one round. The fun just isn't there.

Sure it looks good. Quake Wars looks good too but it's not my game. They have done something to UT that I don't care about. I think there is too much console in my PC game.

Whoa...

:wavey:

As to BW's thoughts - at the moment, leaning that way as well. No probs with DM, though I wish the stock jump had about 1 foot more vert to it - otherwise I can live with it. Vehicles are a bit off at moment. Whereas before this was an auto buy, now I gotta have a taste of warfare prior to buying.

I too miss the "just one more round/game" that 2004 demo had with ONS. Hopefully this beta demo becomes a real demo before they ship and they can feel free to take another month or two if they like, I won't mind. Is it the Suspense map that is throwing me off? Hope so...

-Fk

That map is horrible, even for CTF. If you look through the ini files you see what they called ONS setup in one the files, can't remember which one though.

Leads me to believe that maybe they have a hidden agenda with the warfare thing. My guess is that they are getting some MAJOR feed back from the Suspense map. And I like to think it is a negative feedback at that. I think they are afraid of putting in a gripe forum in Epic, GOD knows it would be 30 pages long by the end of the day.

I like to think that because we aren't building nodes we are being pretty critical about the whole thing. I want nodes to build man bring us a better demo then we'll see what you got on this one.

My issue is I think I'm jaded and burned out. Was looking for that awe and addiction I got when I started playing 2004 but I'm just not feeling it here. I used to fire up the game as soon as I got home and play for hours, but in the past 2 days I only played the demo twice, and quit after one round. The fun just isn't there.

Sure it looks good. Quake Wars looks good too but it's not my game. They have done something to UT that I don't care about. I think there is too much console in my PC game.

I feel EXACTLY the same way, and have played the UT3 demo for about as long as you. I think it's for a few reasons:

1. We're social gamers -- playing against bots gets old reaaal quick. Frustrating real players is where the fun is. Oh, and getting revenge kills after being frustrated. :)

2. The UT3 demo is very DM-based, and we're mainly ONS players.

3. We've been playing UT2k4 for quite awhile now, and we're used to the look/feel of it. It's easy to think that UT3 is supposed to be a prettier and better version of UT2k4, but the developers have said they're making a new game.

... the developers have said they're making a new game.

And that's why I hate them.

I sorta feel the same way guys. I'm gonna play a bit still (maybe with v3x till warfare comes out) but I'm also gonna stick to TAM a bit too. Up for some tam unclean?

I sorta feel the same way guys. I'm gonna play a bit still (maybe with v3x till warfare comes out) but I'm also gonna stick to TAM a bit too. Up for some tam unclean?

I've been playing TAM/Freon past 2 nites...

I'll see you guys around, hopefully.

Not really gonna try to play much beta demo anymore...not much fun.

blah blah blah.

I feel EXACTLY the same way, and have played the UT3 demo for about as long as you. I think it's for a few reasons:

1. We're social gamers -- playing against bots gets old reaaal quick. Frustrating real players is where the fun is. Oh, and getting revenge kills after being frustrated. :)

2. The UT3 demo is very DM-based, and we're mainly ONS players.

3. We've been playing UT2k4 for quite awhile now, and we're used to the look/feel of it. It's easy to think that UT3 is supposed to be a prettier and better version of UT2k4, but the developers have said they're making a new game.

True that Unclean, I was drawn into UT2k4 through ONS. Never been a DM or CTF man. We will have to see how Warfare plays in the real demo before I buy the game.

Glad to see there are still many 2k4 servers still up, I can still get my fix. Played on a demo server last night with my older bro and the thing was full, kinda hard to believe. While it was fun I quit after after the map, hard to believe so many new people out there still trying to take down their own nodes. :blink:

I've been playing TAM/Freon past 2 nites...

I'll see you guys around, hopefully.

Not really gonna try to play much beta demo anymore...not much fun.

Get xfire or jump on vent to see if we're around. I'd love to kill play with you.

I think I've got my PC issues resolved enough to play a bit finally. It seems that my video card was overheating. The game would lock up my PC. Even after a reset (if I could reset) I'd often get garbage on the screen that would only be cleared by a complete power cycle. The fan is working on my video card but the card was still too hot for my liking. Adding another case fan pointing at the video card did the trick so far.

Anyway, I have been reading about people mostly being disappointed and how could we not be being ONS players! Our game just ain't in the demo. I think additions like the hoverboard and even better being able to link your hoverboard to a vehicle are going to add a lot to coordinated team play. Imagine not having to stack as many people as possible on top of a Manta just to get somewhere.

At least we finally have something versus seemingly never ending postponements!

Had to jump back onto ut2004. Hellbending cold turkey too much for me. Was wailing on some guys on a pub server. Never saw my helbender. UT3 I got my hellbender killed in a dual with me in twin beam and guy stationary on foot. Twin beam a tad underpowered. Will try a little more ut3 but I feel I am moving in slow motion compared to ut2004. This is coming from the least dodge capable gc player.

If I'm not mistaken my brother has a UT2k4 server right now. I think, as a matter of fact he has 2. I'll check on the progress of them, I know they are up and running just need to get admin rights to them and I'll post up the IP's and we can work on running some games for you guys. If he has 2 I might see to switch one to UT3 and leave the other on 2k4.

Anyways, I'll look for you guys in vent.

Btw, those were good times last night with TAM/Freon, Dark and Bush. I loved that Omnipotents server... consistently had a 40% hitrate, which is insane. Never had above 20-25% before. Not that it mattered much... my k:d ratio was something like 10:15. :P

Btw, those were good times last night with TAM/Freon, Dark and Bush. I loved that Omnipotents server... consistently had a 40% hitrate, which is insane. Never had above 20-25% before. Not that it mattered much... my k:d ratio was something like 10:15. :P

Yeah it was fun. I have a TAM match wed. night, so I want to play again tonight too. With my ping (84-88) on the omni server I was still able to pull off a 30% with lg and shock, and a 35% with flak balls of fury. 3/4 of the guys on there obviously didnt know what they were doing though :D But it was a lot of fun.

When onscomp is running, I can usually get around 40%. It's a very nice way to even the playing field for guys like me with 80+ pings trying to take on guys with a 20 ping.