Lottery Poll

Flitterkill

So you or your parents scored some real dime on a lottery ticket  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

IMHO, more $ = more problems. I'd first not really believe I won it, then...

I'd be very happy to pay off school loans, but would try to get rid of it as fast as I could (ie give it away, not spend it on things that cost me more in the future, like cars etc). I'd then feel sad about doing that, but also relieved.

First off, I cannot play the lottery. I work for Scientific Games, which runs almost the whole east coast states' lottery systems. (Including PA)

If I win big, I won't actually win. (But I can put it in my g/f's name, but then I might never see her again lol)

Inorder to win the lottery, u have to play.

I only play the scratch offs I receive from Christmas

GC Board Member

Perhaps it is because it was my parents who won why I only feel one of those:

Disbelief.

Not in the bad sense but more in the "You really won? You really have that much money in the bank right now?" - Repeat that at random times over the course of a few days, always with a smile :). A very strange feeling.

Not "Indecent Proposal" dime mind you, but enough so that my now retired parents really no longer have to worry (pension + ss + this = no problems).

That feeling even continues on my end as I stare at the balance in my bank account after a decent chunk of money was wired to it this afternoon.

Nothing too large, but my Xterra payments and my credit card bill are about to be gone (there is no hope for my student loans :) )

I do not recommend this as a retirement strategy, but damn - can't but smile at dumb luck!

$350,000 won - $280,000 after taxes. Flitter can has some of it.

Can I be gleeful now?

-Fk