Can I return something after I install it?

Allanon

Hey all,

I just bought Hellgate: London... not sure why but I had an extra 50 bucks so I decided I'd try it out. However, I don't particularly like it... anyone know if Best Buy accepts games after you've installed them back? I just bought it today...

If not I'll sell it to someone for cheaper then in store if anyone wants it.

Thanks, Allanon.

Well looks like I can't sell it anyways since the CD Key that comes with Hellgate is used to register an account... though I could sell that I'm actually starting to like the game ...

Yah this was a stupid post... I blame Mo

Well looks like I can't sell it anyways since the CD Key that comes with Hellgate is used to register an account... though I could sell that I'm actually starting to like the game ...

Yah this was a stupid post... I blame Mo

Oh no you dient.

I actually really like the game...I've been playing it...

However, I started with a melee class, and I wasn't impressed at all....then I switched to an Engineer and the game suddenly got a whole lot better. :-)

Anyway, if you want someone to group with, lemme know..might make it more fun if you decide to give it another shot

I'm also in the game. Xfire me if you see me on.

Speaking of which, time to start! :)

And btw, there's a Hellgate London channel in Vent. I'll idle in there when I'm playing.

Edited by Unclean

However, I started with a melee class, and I wasn't impressed at all....then I switched to an Engineer and the game suddenly got a whole lot better. :-)

Anyway, if you want someone to group with, lemme know..might make it more fun if you decide to give it another shot

my level 20 guardian with 5 legendaries and a unique disagrees ;) From what we've noticed the hunter classes are AMAZING at the beginning of the game but things really slow down after act two and they need help

And btw, there's a Hellgate London channel in Vent. I'll idle in there when I'm playing.

You forget our ventrilo server is an illusion... no one uses it :o

Are you using the new server or the old server?

my level 20 guardian with 5 legendaries and a unique disagrees ;) From what we've noticed the hunter classes are AMAZING at the beginning of the game but things really slow down after act two and they need help

I'm not saying the melee classes aren't sweet, I'm saying that I didn't really like 'em...the combat felt wonky to me. :-)

I'm only on lvl 7 so far, so I've got a ways to go before I see how I like it. I don't like the rocket weaponry either...I'm sticking with my heavily modified assault rifle...lol

Are you using the new server or the old server?

The new server... it's almost always empty except at nights for the UT people :\

Uh oh... I have a level 9 hunter right now. Why do they "slow down"? Not enough damage? Too squishy? Something else?

Also, I've been saving my skill points to put into dead eye (to increase the crit chance)... hoping this takes care of the DPS issue.

Uh oh... I have a level 9 hunter right now. Why do they "slow down"? Not enough damage? Too squishy? Something else?

Also, I've been saving my skill points to put into dead eye (to increase the crit chance)... hoping this takes care of the DPS issue.

My character still does boat-loads of damage. I imagine it slows down because people don't give enough thought to their weapon. You have to save up salvage parts and what not to upgrade the crap out of it. I haven't bothered with my armor, and instead I've just been goin' nuts with the weapon. Right now I'm saving up 8,000 to put a legendary trait on the thing. At lvl 8, doing 60 damage with my weapon is pretty good. If you keep tweaking them, I think that the Hunter should keep doing enough damage to stay dangerous. I dunno though...at least not yet :-)

Yeah, Friday = bad for me. My best nights are Mon-Thurs, 7-11 CST.

And thanks for the explanation, Mav. I've been upgrading the crap out of my guns too, and they do great now. But then, it's only level 9/10. Tookey said it happened around level 20 though... so I'm worried about that point still. I guess we'll see. You inspired me to stick it out with the marksman, though.