Goodbye Vista

ZeroDamage

Dark why are you all defensive about Vista? Who's calling you an idiot? Are you feeling the Vista backlash?

Just kidding Dark to each his own. Best change of scenery I can do is load up a game in full screen to cover up Windows.

To each his own? What's that supposed to mean? That my opinion doesnt matter and you think I'm fat? Thanks a lot. Great friend you are.

:smillie_smilling:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I wanted to fool around with it and enjoy a change. That and dx10. When I get my new card in the near future, I want to have vista set up and good to go, so it's basically plug and play. IDK, it's not cause I'm an idiot, and it wasnt because it's oh so much better. I just wanted a change of scenery etcing
wow, sounds like someone isn't comfortable with their sexual os-orientation.

what's wrong darky poo, you got a little mac desire sneaking up inside you? it's ok...

Because I wanted to fool around with it and enjoy a change. That and dx10. When I get my new card in the near future, I want to have vista set up and good to go, so it's basically plug and play. IDK, it's not cause I'm an idiot, and it wasnt because it's oh so much better. I just wanted a change of scenery etcing
wow, sounds like someone isn't comfortable with their sexual os-orientation.

what's wrong darky poo, you got a little mac desire sneaking up inside you? it's ok...

Awww, you made me! I was gonna post this but thought I'd be mature instead ;) :

Vista was WAY cheaper than buying a mac.

There I said it, now I'm immature. You happy!? :biglaugha:

In all honesty though, if I didnt game I'd buy a mac and use garage band, sell adobe audition and my pc. Alas, I am a gamer (or at least I try to be).

the *only* problem I have had with Vista (and I've had it since official release in February on my laptop) is the crummy video drivers for my 7900gs. Since I have found laptopvideo2go to help alleviate most of those issues, it's not even a big deal anymore.

I don't know tons about the improved security stuff for it, but overall I like the way it's laid out and the new look. Booting up is a little slower than XP on my older laptop (and the 5400rpm hard drive compounds this - I have seriously been considering a 7200rpm upgrade) but once everything is booted and ready to roll, I think it's a little quicker than XP in opening up my stuff. (I think pre-fetch has something to do with it).

It just took a little adjustment to get used to where everything was, but now that I've gotten used to it, I can see how moving the stuff around that they did makes sense. My only gripe is that if I have to get into my network settings for any reason it takes a couple of extra clicks now than it used to.

Oh, and once you finish all the initial setup crap, you will hardly ever run into the whole "cancel or allow" crap. You can even completely disable it if you want.

Since I sold my gaming computer a couple months ago, Vista is my only OS (besides XP at work) and I have no complaints. If I were building a new comp tomorrow I would absolutely put Vista Business 64-bit on it and not think twice about it.

As Cujo and most of us who have been using Vista for a while have been saying - there's no absolutely universally compelling reason to upgrade to Vista if you have XP right now, but if you feel like it I would encourage it and if you were building a new system today I would think you were silly for NOT buying and putting Vista on it.

/2cents

I wish Microsoft would come out with a Vista Gamer Edition....something that was less bells and whistles and more speed. Some of us dont care about all the new slick windows and crap...we want performance without hours of tweaking to dumb it down.

Right, exactly why I think Microsoft should be more aware of gamers...I like playing PC games more than I do consoles, I just think it would be nice to have an OS gear towards us. Maybe someday there will be a Linux build that can accomodate gamers...but I doubt they could do it.

Right, exactly why I think Microsoft should be more aware of gamers...I like playing PC games more than I do consoles, I just think it would be nice to have an OS gear towards us. Maybe someday there will be a Linux build that can accomodate gamers...but I doubt they could do it.

Yes...ITS CALLED THE XBOX...if you don't like a controller you're a PC gamer and tweaking is your life (or not, I don't see why people say you have to tweak, I do very little tweaking and have no problems). If you want to be a computer gamer but don't want to have to tweak, I hear Warcraft III just came out on the Mac.

I dont want a frikkin Xbox....they cant even make those right....most of the people I know with a 360 have had to ship it back because it overheated and became an Xbrick. I like my computer gaming...I like have 1 machine to do the simple computing tasks and game on...I just wish there was an OS that catered to us, thats all i'm saying. Not all of us dedicate our lives to tweaking....I have very little time to game anymore, so I like to boot up and go.

the os you're describing is called mac os x. "mac"-"os"-"x"

for the gaming part, use bootcamp to boot into win2k, and install only games on it. don't surf the web, don't check email. just play games, and games only.

ps - you're welcome.

the os you're describing is called mac os x. "mac"-"os"-"x"

for the gaming part, use bootcamp to boot into win2k, and install only games on it. don't surf the web, don't check email. just play games, and games only.

ps - you're welcome.

thanks for the input, you can go back to petting your leopard now :D

no, i play my games from my iphone. tap, aim, tap. BOOM HEADSHOT.

but no, you can't play most games (other than the epic wc3 mo pointed out earlier) from within mac os. you have to reboot the machine, close your eyes, boot into windows, hold your breath while the startup finishes, still keeping your eyes closed, and click your game. keep your eyes closed until the game has loaded.

it's kind of along the same lines as what you'd have to do if you ran linux as your primary.

thanks for the input, you can go back to petting your leopard now :D
i dunno about your operating environment, but mine allows "multi"-"tasking."

(a fancy marketing term, i'm sure)

:D

Wow. Mac users are starting to remind me of TAM players. All the UT guys will know what I mean by that.