Poor guys...

Makes you feel sorry for those two kids, but it shouldn't.. maybe that experience will make them stop and think for themselves about their beliefs.. THey are probably only 19 years old and a few months into there missions - with no real clue as to why they are doing it.

*edit - those two were a poor representation of the LDS church and the intent of a mission.

Edited by mohawk

while I don't agree with...well, pretty much any of the teachings of the Mormon church...that guy was just plain rude. He also misquoted scripture a couple times. The simple fact, is that "God is love" and he was in no way showing that teaching. I've seen people debate Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses when they come to the door and it can be done with a much more loving attitude. That man was just being confrontational for the sake of making himself and his friends feel better.

I thought the video was ok. He did get some scriptures wrong (misquoted) but never the less he point was more Jesus and the Word then another gospel.

However, the video went negative really fast at the end of it when he called the two Mormons white boys (insinuating that they didn't know anything). I wanted to tell him to practice what he preaches. After all....all have sinned and come short of the Glory of God. And the way the scripture reads God is no respecter of persons. So after he made his point...he should have shutup and moved on.

Yeah, the gospel is about showing people the truth, not proving you're smarter than them. Though, I guess Paul did say that he didnt care what motive people preached from as long as (or maybe compared to) the gospel was preached. Not that we wont have to answer for our motives and actions of course.

• 2 weeks later...
while I don't agree with...well, pretty much any of the teachings of the Mormon church...that guy was just plain rude. He also misquoted scripture a couple times. The simple fact, is that "God is love" and he was in no way showing that teaching. I've seen people debate Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses when they come to the door and it can be done with a much more loving attitude. That man was just being confrontational for the sake of making himself and his friends feel better.

The Mormons came to my dads door once. Since my dad is a evangelical pastor he had a nice debate. We invited them inside away from the bugs, brought lemonade to them, and gave them bug spray. When I asked why my dad did that instead of just sending them on their way he said, "You will know my apostles by their love", and "Didn't Jesus tell the apostles to clothe, feed, help those whenever possible?".

I think that is the best way for a debate.

• 3 weeks later...

The Mormons came to my dads door once. Since my dad is a evangelical pastor he had a nice debate. We invited them inside away from the bugs, brought lemonade to them, and gave them bug spray. When I asked why my dad did that instead of just sending them on their way he said, "You will know my apostles by their love", and "Didn't Jesus tell the apostles to clothe, feed, help those whenever possible?".

I think that is the best way for a debate.

Or just simply say you're not interested in what they have to say. I'm a strong Catholic and i respect other religions but I do not want someone trying to come to me and attempt to convert me. That's why when they come around to my house i just say thank you i'm not interested.