COD4 GC Server?

Unclean

Ok, just got off the phone with Fatty. Here's how it'll all go down:

1. I'll be the Game Director. We'll work out who else will admin the server from here (or if we get a COD4 forum).

2. Primus knows about this thread now, I just sent him a PM. We'll see if he's down for it, and he can bring some other regs with him.

3. Send the money to dues@gamerscoalition.com with the month the payment is for (December, January, etc).

4. Reserve slots -- we need passworded slots to get into a full game. See details here:

http://rentalforums.nuclearfallout.net/viewtopic.php?p=16123

5. Fatty wants to go with the best of the best for server options, so we're going with CPU priority (+$10/mo) and any other options we can get (500fps server, etc). He's going to price it out after he gets home. Either he or I will post up in here with the amounts we need from everyone, but if I were to ballpark it, it's probably going to be around $8-12/person for the first month, then $4-8/person for the second month.

I'm sending in $50 for GC membership now...

Not a problem, I thought $20 would be a start.

I tried to remember what I sent in for the TF2 server, but was pretty sure there were more people who wanted to get one of that up and running, so I just tacked a bit on to what I sent over for that.

Edited by Leveller

Server size? Cost? Who's gonna lead? Who's actually kicking in to start this thing.

You want it, it's there but start getting down to the details!

-Fk

Depends on the hosting company. Does GC have a preferred company? Or should we do some price/performance shopping? In general, it looks like a 24-slot server is between $40-50/mo, and we'd be looking for a midwest server.

And here's a list of people that have offered to help start this server financially:

1. Unclean (reg)

2. Allanon (GC Admin)

3. Shazz (Lead Admin)

4. JackieChan (reg)

5. Leveller (gc member)

6. benjester

put me on for #7... i got GC admin skills if needed :)

I won't object to you guys sending in $20... the way it works out, that's probably what it'll end up being for 2 months server rental. :)

Could use some testers as we're getting the server set up tonight. I'll be on Xfire and AIM (as NickZYX), and also hopping on vent. Who's down for getting this server set up right? :D

Hey, you guys muscling in on my turf here or what :biglaugha: J/K

Ok, I'm in vent, so lets talk and get some of your ?'s answered as far as admin stuff and all that. Oh ya, I guess I'm gonna have to pony up some money here now aren't I. You guys are killin me. :biglaugha:

going to check if gameservers has a server where you got yours. I'm paying out $1.50 a slot you might want to check it out just to see if you get a better deal. Just a thought. :D

Edited by Primus

It's going to be $40 / month for the halves from the investors....server is $81.48 / month.....

Make sure you include what month you're paying for when you submit your payment so I can keep track of it all.....much appreciated!

Primus, nice to see you. As far as the server provider, we've been very happy with NFO for quite some time...top of the line.

I'm trying to get Unclean on the line and set up with ftp, etc.....Aim me at MmmmFatB, Unclean.