UT2004 Lighthouse

MaDPaT

Ok guys,

UT3 is not UT2004 but a new game. A relatively bad new game that needs alot of upgrades in user interface, weapon, player model variety, smooth vehicle dynamics, etc. They made a possibly great pc game and lowered is to console. Pubbing in UT3 is less enjoyable. Team balancing is weak and the orb makes the game end so fast that newbies working together have no chance to mount a defense until more experienced players join.

I have seen Tek's meltdown on current new games including ut3

I have seen Cannon's call for GC playes to get together for games of ut2004 on the A.S.S server.

Bushwack and Lex have gone the way of TeamFortress2 (which is deathmatch play that I personally do not like, a waste of 50 dollars by me). I can stand freon ut2004 games with friends

Who knows where Dark is.....

Dingy want to know when to play UT3 but I am not sure who will be getting down to play and when on ut3.

I got into a game a week ago on ut2004 and other than my nostromo not conditioned for it, I had a blast (especially in Hellbender) Shocker felt like a machine gun.

I miss you guys.

How about we make a UT2004 forum and get back to playing UT2004 again. Face it our UT3 server is doing relatively nothing...............

I know where dark is! lol

I havent played for 3 weeks or so. I've been working on my map (once I got back from Christmas break). I play with a friend over LAN every once in a while, and I dont even have 2k4 installed atm. Maybe I'll do that later tonight or tomorrow. Been thinking about giving CoD4 another shot, since I have a card that wont crap out on me anymore.

Map making is too fun. :)

PS Thunderchild is still getting peeps... just fyi

Edited by DarkArchon

Sorry if I made you waste 50 bucks on a game Madpat. I know how you feel, someone snuckered me into buying UT3. :P Maybe you can have fun with HL2 and its 2 episodes or Portal that also came with it. Btw HL2 is an awesome game if you haven't played it yet, drop what your doing now and go!

I've been wanting to fire up UT 2004 too but lately I'm just out of time. Now is the calm before the storm, come next month the holidays and vacations will be over and gaming will be in full force.

(edited)

Got on Cannon Fodder's A.S.S Carcass Factory server. Ping pretty good. Joy to play after uploading. You can feel the difference between ut3. Manta doesn't get hung up on everything. Raptor glides in every direction. Lg does damage worth waiting for during recharge and shocker fires real fast. This allows Shock combos in ut2004 to be faster than ut3. Double dodging nice to do again also. Feels faster to play overall and I didn't get a chance to get into a Hellbender.

Hope to see you guys.

BY the way Dark, I have played alot during the week and Thunder"turkey"Child gets little action. I cannot say during weekend due to attention to girlfriend and New England Patriots games.

Edited by MaDPaT

(edited)
90+ ping here on that server. However, *I* was one who helped convince them to get rid of the deemer about a year ago. Is it back on there?

It seems you have been around the ut2004 server world. Haven't had enough games to notice whether redeemer present or not. Hope to shoot Cannon soon.

I have a 90 ping also, not as good as Nepenthe's 42 but better than 120 or more on ut3.

Edited by MaDPaT

Got on Cannon Fodder's A.S.S Carcass Factory server. Ping pretty good. Joy to play after uploading. You can feel the difference between ut3. Manta doesn't get hung up on everything. Raptor glides in every direction. Lg does damage worth waiting for during recharge and shocker fires real fast. This allows Shock combos in ut2004 to be faster than ut3. Double dodging nice to do again also. Feels faster to play overall and I didn't get a chance to get into a Hellbender.

Is this on UT 2004 or UT3?

I got on 2004 to night and bumped into Tek on Freon and played a couple rounds. Same people playing on the )o( server and was full when I played. No real reason to stop playing UT 2004 I guess, just because UT3 is out. Seems many people here been playing CS for about as long with no end in site. TF2 is just something different, I have never played a class based game before so gameplay seems fresh and interesting to me.

LOL, I enjoy playing UT3, I try to jumpstart our server when I go online but I don't have any trouble finding servers with 10-20 people playing.

I still play 2K4 sometime, but I like UT3 better, ya gotta love fragging orb carriers right at the node.

Edited by Ruff_Ryder

I got on 2004 to night and bumped into Tek on Freon and played a couple rounds. Same people playing on the )o( server and was full when I played. No real reason to stop playing UT 2004 I guess, just because UT3 is out. Seems many people here been playing CS for about as long with no end in site. TF2 is just something different, I have never played a class based game before so gameplay seems fresh and interesting to me.

I was playing ut2004 Bushwack last night. I have been on omnipotents(when not full) but my ping is like insanely high. Wouldn't mind some freon. The carcass factory is nice. I am there primarily cause Cannon is lonely for GC tags to play with.

Come on you gc helions, lets invade some server en mass and show what we can do. It would also be a nice reunion.

(edited)

Man... you guys are no where to be found. Noone plays UT3. I ran in to Cannon and Tek on the Omnipotent or A.S.S. server the other nite playing 2K4. Everyone else like disappeared out of nowhere.

Dark.... I play CoD4. Come play with me. I play practically everynight. I'm on Hog-HQ's server (server in Dallas). Look me up. X-Razer of course. I just made LT. ;) Woot Woot. It get's crazy though with all the grenade tossing and what not, but it's hella fun. Everyone else, you gotta try CoD4. It's fun fun fun. I play Team Deathmatch Darky. Hope to play with you soon.

Wentz... where you at? Back to Texas' Holdem' again?

Edited by X-Razer

I was playing ut2004 Bushwack last night. I have been on omnipotents(when not full) but my ping is like insanely high. Wouldn't mind some freon. The carcass factory is nice. I am there primarily cause Cannon is lonely for GC tags to play with.

Come on you gc helions, lets invade some server en mass and show what we can do. It would also be a nice reunion.

Thanks for dropping in on A.S.S CF last evening Pat! I also about fainited when Bush showed up for a bit. And it was good to see X-Razer on the weekend too. I get decent pings on that server unless it fills up too much. Omnipotents always shows me with a decent ping but I'm probably getting packet loss there as it's impossible to lock on with an Avril. Every now and then a bunch of [TiT] clan people show up on A.S.S CF server and pretty much dominate and I find myself thinking Bush, Wentz, Dark, Lex or Flitter would mop the floor with them.

Overall GC UT playing seems to be about dead as any kind of group for UT2K4 or UT3. I asked GC or not GC about the time UT3 came out as my GC dues were due. If my renewal had been due about a month later I would have choosen not GC. :(:(:(

Thanks for dropping in on A.S.S CF last evening Pat! I also about fainited when Bush showed up for a bit. And it was good to see X-Razer on the weekend too. I get decent pings on that server unless it fills up too much. Omnipotents always shows me with a decent ping but I'm probably getting packet loss there as it's impossible to lock on with an Avril. Every now and then a bunch of [TiT] clan people show up on A.S.S CF server and pretty much dominate and I find myself thinking Bush, Wentz, Dark, Lex or Flitter would mop the floor with them.

Overall GC UT playing seems to be about dead as any kind of group for UT2K4 or UT3. I asked GC or not GC about the time UT3 came out as my GC dues were due. If my renewal had been due about a month later I would have choosen not GC. :(:(:(

Pleasure to join you Cannon. I almost fainted too when Bushwack showed up. His Mohawk character always instills fear in me, that and Dark's little girly character. Carcass factory in ut2004 really nice. Modeled after the ut3 with detailing location of vehicles on your team in use except with numbers for nodes and generally way better than ut3. I did have some loss where I was firing rockets at you and they delayed visually by a second. Only happened a little bit. Was bad for bushwack cause he didn't stick around. I noticed cause I was hitting him a little more often than usual.

Liked the map designs also. Alot of detail. One map had rubble terrain that made hellbender ride real rough and made you want to do roads for better speed.

As for omnipotents, I have a real hard time avril locking on vehicles too. I think some maps they design they reduce Avril efficiency (if they can do that). Better to shock and lg the vehicles. Why not use your triple rocket lock that I have come to know and love (not)?

I will definitely be back to Carcass factory. Probably tonight......

I left Madpat because that server was a bit laggy to me. Somehow I did really well point wise, never played the map and havent played 2k4 ONS in a month or two. (there still must still be people buying this game) After I left there I went and played a round of Freon. Look at your buddy list before you start playing, you might find me sometimes. (Even though I need to start playing HL2 Episodes 1 and 2.)

I reinstalled UT2k4 over the weekend. I will be playing this more in the near future.

The A.S.S. server is a bit laggy for me, and the ping is quite high.

I will probably not play UT3 pub anymore. I am waiting to see what future patches do. I really have hope that some really keep developer will "fix" UT3 with a good mod. You know, like the A.R.C mod changed gameplay totally in UT2k4 (IMO not in a good way...) Maybe some genius will come along and put in teh good stuff from UT2k4 into UT3.

My gripes with UT3 are the same:

I cannot hear many things in UT3 (e.g. gunfire whizzing by me, or approaching footsteps, or approaching vehicles)

I cannot accurately judge distance for shock combos over longer distances.

The color/terrain/textures/skins blend and blur too much, making picking out enemies harder.

The performance on my PC should be stunning, but when connected to a lot of servers I get furious FPS drops into the 20s.

Interface still suxors.

I will be playing UT2004.

I suggest two things:

Everyone that wants to hook back up for games of UT2004 should get XFire and post your name up (i'm tekalmighty)

And

I really think that we should switch our private server to a 10-12 player public UT04...

I am willing to drop some coin for that.

(edited)

I was on A.S.S Carcass factory last night and had some fun. A little lag when full but got around 21 hellbender rear turret kills on the open maps. Nothing like finding a nice position and hitting multiply choke points from separate time zone distances. Definitely had the "one more time feel."

X-Fire saw my tag and asked where the rest of the gc guys were?

I reported we suffered a ut3 meltdown.

Edited by MaDPaT