GC Vandals Strike cp_labor!

hyperactiveChipmunk

The first GC TF2 map adverts are now running. I tried to integrate them tastefully into the map, so they weren't too distracting, yet still keep them prominent enough to be useful. Let me know what you think:

gclabor1px3.jpg

gclabor2rq1.jpg

gclabor3if0.jpg

gclabor4un8.jpg

gclabor5ns8.jpg

Errr...I dunno where that last shot came from. Looks like Shaft's kid got into the Photoshop again. Yeah... >8x

-hC

(edited)

Looks good. I agree to the title change. When I look for servers to play on, that is one of my methods.

BTW, I broke my finger and part of my hand. I can't use the mouse very well right now... so looks like I will be AFK or playing like hC. :)

Edited by duma

Once you guys bump the player count up to like 32 and advertise some of the "tweaks" in the server name, the server will probably stay full all the time or close to it. And tweak the respawn times to make them a little less frustrating.

In my opnion most of the maps are way to small for 32 people. It tends to turn into a spam fest.

The player limit is being increased (hopefully ASAP; it should have been a few days ago) to accommodate reserves; any slots over 24 will be reserve-only.

Respawn times are factored into the gameplay. They're set by the map, and ostensibly have been tweaked by its author to best suit its play. If I find a way to scale respawns, it will be very slight. As a map author myself, I have a great respect for other map authors, and when it comes to trusting their carefully-defined values vs. people whining because they can't run out and explode 6 times a minute, I'm going to side with the map authors. TF2 is a complex game (THE PURPOSE OF CPs IS NOT TO DEFINE DEATHMATCH ARENAS!). Sure, it's frustrating to get capped on while waiting for a respawn. The solution is not to die, rather than whine about shorter respawns. The entire point of the respawn is to punish you for dying by giving the enemy time to complete their objectives unhindered.

It's best to remember that, in general, gameplay follows the formula that offense is tactical, defense is strategic. Thus, defenders have very long respawns as incentive to play strategically better so as to avoid being taken out of the game. This is offset by map design (which generally favors the defensive team) and such gameplay elements as sentry guns and sticky bombs. Offensive respawns, on the other hand, are significantly shorter to encourage tactical experimentation against the defense.

I could go on, but this is turning into an essay, and I have work to do before the server fills up.

-hC