GC Vandals Strike Again!

hyperactiveChipmunk

This is going a little over the top. Once near each sides spawn point should be sufficient.

Ouch. That hurts. I spent ridiculous amounts of effort (about 20 hours on Dustbowl) custom-making and placing the textures so they all blend into the map, and are for the most part in locations that are on travel routes from the spawn points but out-of-sight from the combat areas (although that's tough to do in Dustbowl). Try playing the game with them there, and you'll (hopefully) find that they fall into the background just like all of the other map details. If the general response is still that it's overkill, then I'll tone it back a bit, but I personally think it's a significant improvement over the CS:S ads.

And yes, the knife is pink. I made it for my girlfriend. >8)

pinkknifewt1.png

-hC

Heck, it's not over the top in the least..get thee behind me, Penty <Mini drags Penty behind Fat where he and Bub work him over>....they're actually nicely hidden with the other painted advertisements by Jenkin...are they sponsoring us or something?

I love em...however, the .gc seems a little....hmm...skinny girlish.....how about a nice bold .gc

Did you put our rules in there somewhere?

PS. What's in the second one?

Ahhh, yes, this is a time consuming event....I enjoyed flying around the maps trying sprays out in different places in CSS.....but 20 hours? Eeek!

Heck, it's not over the top in the least..get thee behind me, Penty <Mini drags Penty behind Fat where he and Bub work him over>....they're actually nicely hidden with the other painted advertisements by Jenkin...are they sponsoring us or something?

That's from the map itself. I tailored the lettering and painted-look to match it as precisely as possible to make it seem as if it were there originally. This also keeps the ads from being distracting. I figured if the words were already there, then Valve had probably done all the work already deciding that it's a good place to put them. There are a few exceptions, for instance in the 5th shot (the second cp of stage 2). That's exactly the view the red team gets of the node from the death camera. Since everyone loves complaining about red's respawn, I thought it worthwhile to get a good, prominent URL right where they'll be looking while they wait. >8)

I love em...however, the .gc seems a little....hmm...skinny girlish.....how about a nice bold .gc

That's TF2's game font. Since the .gc decals would be in all maps, I used that as to keep it tied into the feel of the game, regardless of a map's individual setting. The rules are also in this font (see next part).

Did you put our rules in there somewhere?

Rules are in every spawn/resupply room. I didn't include pics because they're the same as those I previously posted in the cp_labor thread, but here's proof:

gcrulesdustbowlhv1.jpg

PS. What's in the second one?

Already been answered, but if you look hard, you'll notice similar effects in several other shots, too. There's also a few more 'extra-special' ones not seen in these shots, but I didn't want to ruin ALL the fun. Come in and find them yourself! >8)

Ahhh, yes, this is a time consuming event....I enjoyed flying around the maps trying sprays out in different places in CSS.....but 20 hours? Eeek!

It's worth it, to me. It's enjoyable (when Penty's not being a wet blanket), and it helps improve our image. Win-win (except for Penty; but I'll tell him how to blank them if he insists). Besides, I'd be remiss as a Game Director NOT to use the full extent of my skills to improve the server.

-hC

Try to keep in mind the overall file size of all these. I may be mistaken but my suspicion is that Mani will be giving all these decals out to players as they join, regardless of what map's on. Every once in a while, go in and delete these off your own installation then connect to the server to give yourself a good idea of how much wait time you're adding for pubbers that come by. Sooner or later this stuff adds up and will drive away players before they even enter the server.

Try to keep in mind the overall file size of all these. I may be mistaken but my suspicion is that Mani will be giving all these decals out to players as they join, regardless of what map's on. Every once in a while, go in and delete these off your own installation then connect to the server to give yourself a good idea of how much wait time you're adding for pubbers that come by. Sooner or later this stuff adds up and will drive away players before they even enter the server.

I already do this each time I make changes. Currently the cumulative file size is 196KB, so downloading shouldn't take more than a second or two.

-hC