Devil May Cry 4 Demo

anonymo

sweet! I have a friend that bought a 360 back in August specifically for this game. I haven't played DMC since the 2nd one on PS2 years ago. Hopefully once this comes out I'll be able to put down Mass Effect.

how is it Mo? I saw you playing it yesterday and I haven't downloaded it yet.

It's awesome! I swear I posted my thoughts this morning but I guess they vanished...anyways...great demo, definitely picking up the full game next week (yeah right! it's almost Feb already!...mmmm that means := taxes...)

• 2 weeks later...

I played the demo, and it was definitely fun. My only concern is that it might be a touch repetitive, as my combo abilities were pretty limited. I didn't play DMC2 or 3, but I played through the first one a couple of times and was pretty good at it. I guessing there are more skills unlocked throughout the game that would make it a little more interesting, but I just can't decide if it's worth throwing down $60 for it.

Anyone have it yet? Initial impressions of the full version?

I might "Mass Effect" this and rent it before I buy. I rented Mass Effect, got hooked, then bought it a few days later. I'm still glad I rented first though since I had reservations going in.

I'm pretty much in the same boat as boiler, I played 1 + 2 and loved them.

I did think the demo was good, but the gameplay didn't make me want to rush out and buy it, I got the impression that it was really just a pretty version of the old games which isn't on the whole a bad thing, but I was left with the feeling that I'd be as well off going back and playing DMC2 on my PS2 as spending $60 on a "pretty version" of the same thing.

I would happily be told that I'm wrong, but I think I'll be dowloading Sid Meier's Pirates from Xbox live on Monday instead of running out to get this.

Edited by Leveller

I think I'll be dowloading Sid Meier's Pirates from Xbox live on Monday instead of running out to get this.

That is a GREAT game! I remember playing it on my Commadore 64! Right now I'm playing an online MMO called 'Pirates of the Burning Seas' which is basically a Sid Meier's Pirates game, but with you being able to play with other people, raid ports, build and maintain supply posts, capture ships, and blow other players out of the water. Good fun.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

hm, apparently no one has bought it or rented yet and wants to share :(

So, your saying that its possible that some one has information regarding this game that could save your life/money from being thrown away on a terrible game that will crush your spirit and desire to live, and is keeping it from you just to watch you suffer and flush your life away?

Wow... I'd suggest that you hunt them down and break each and everyone of their knees! DO IT!!!! IT IS YOUR DESTINY!!

Shaftiel

hm, apparently no one has bought it or rented yet and wants to share :(

So, your saying that its possible that some one has information regarding this game that could save your life/money from being thrown away on a terrible game that will crush your spirit and desire to live, and is keeping it from you just to watch you suffer and flush your life away?

Wow... I'd suggest that you hunt them down and break each and everyone of their knees! DO IT!!!! IT IS YOUR DESTINY!!

Shaftiel

whoa there, settle down buddy. I hear caffeine is bad for you! :freak3:

Back to the game, it's more curiosity than anything. I know there are a few guys around here that pick up most of the current games in one way or another, so thought I'd throw out a line. :)

Everytime I checked the big boys (Bestbuy and their Canadian sister store Future Shop) they still hadn't received their shipments.

I would have bought it at my local store but the big guys were doing DMC4 and Turok for only $89 so I was hoping to snatch a deal...

Now's not a good time as I've just bought a new lappy, paid my rent and have been spending too much time and money getting my new sub into my trunk...

Everytime I checked the big boys (Bestbuy and their Canadian sister store Future Shop) they still hadn't received their shipments.

I would have bought it at my local store but the big guys were doing DMC4 and Turok for only $89 so I was hoping to snatch a deal...

Now's not a good time as I've just bought a new lappy, paid my rent and have been spending too much time and money getting my new sub into my trunk...

these are all valid reasons :D

unfortunately, I won't be purchasing any games for a little while - however my reason is that I bought a new vacuum cleaner that the wife wanted. >_<

I never in a million years did I think that I would ever spend $500 on a vacuum cleaner, but she loves it, and the darn thing was actually worth it considering the amount of dog/cat hair it has pulled out of our carpets!

these are all valid reasons :D

unfortunately, I won't be purchasing any games for a little while - however my reason is that I bought a new vacuum cleaner that the wife wanted. >_<

I never in a million years did I think that I would ever spend $500 on a vacuum cleaner, but she loves it, and the darn thing was actually worth it considering the amount of dog/cat hair it has pulled out of our carpets!

Dyson?

Shaftiel

Hmmm I have only heard bad things about dyson. Mini hates his, errr i should say mrs mini hates hers

What really? I've never hear a bad word spoken about their vacuums and have a few Aunts who swear by them.

I just got dinged with a $200+ dentist bill because my dentist neglected to tell me they couldn't check my limit with my insurance and (obviously) went over my allowance...no games for me for a while.

Hmmm I have only heard bad things about dyson. Mini hates his, errr i should say mrs mini hates hers

What really? I've never hear a bad word spoken about their vacuums and have a few Aunts who swear by them.

I just got dinged with a $200+ dentist bill because my dentist neglected to tell me they couldn't check my limit with my insurance and (obviously) went over my allowance...no games for me for a while.

dentures ftw.

The gameplay hasn't changed from 3 and the monsters don't really cause you to do anything different. The bosses are a lot funner to fight, but not as cool as the originality in 3. And there's nothing as epic in this game as the showdown between Dante and Vergil in 3. So, IMO, it's worse than 3, but better than 1 + 2(comparing to when they were initially released). Right now, though, it is the best of them all. The cutscenes are absolutely amazing, and really fun to watch. If you only play DMC for the gameplay, then, yeah, it's just DMC3 with better graphics, but the story definitely won't disappoint. Dare I say, I actually think Nero is (almost) as cool as Dante now. Another bonus is the game is it's alot longer. There's alot of backtracking, but unlike most reviewers have stated, I felt it was completely different going backwards with the "small" changes they made. If you watch all the cutscenes, you're looking at 12 hours at least for one difficulty (if you're good).

The biggest letdown of the game is, for those who know who Nero really is - don't expect anything to happen with it. They saved it for 5 or something, because that plot gets dropped.

I'm currently on Mission 10 on Dante Must Die. It's alot harder than DMC3, but at least you're not graded on the damage you take anymore, so when I finally manage to beat a stage, I actually get a pretty decent ranking.

• 3 weeks later...

FYI:

I rented it and have played through about 85% of the game and I still think it's awesome. If money wasn't a little tight right now I would go out and buy it once my rental goes back. The moves and styles get better and better as the game progresses, and I also feel that Nero is (almost) as cool as Dante. The devil bringer and throw moves (especially on bosses) are epic and awesome to behold the first time you do them. Dante has a touch more variety in his moves though with the various styles, and Pandora rocks my world.

Keep in mind that I hadn't played any DMC in several years, and did not play 2 or 3 at all, so some of this might not be as ground breaking to others as it is to me.

Bottom line, IMO, worth the money to buy. I want to play through again on a harder difficulty setting now that I have my devil hunter legs beneath me again!

This is probably an incredibly harsh review but I've never played DMC and Yatzi's review made me laugh

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/v...Devil-May-Cry-4

*Note: Foul language a foot as well as some other languages that are not GC appropriate*

Anyone else sick and tired of his constant slander? I mean...it's funny for smart people at first, but then the 99% of the planet that happens to have serious cognitive deficiencies begins to believe every work he says and it seems to get somewhat frustrating.

You talking about Yatzi or Jon Stewart?

ZING!

I don't give any weight to the opinions of zero punctuation reviews, but I do enjoy them for being funny, no matter how they feel about the game.

You talking about Yatzi or Jon Stewart?

ZING!

I don't give any weight to the opinions of zero punctuation reviews, but I do enjoy them for being funny, no matter how they feel about the game.

I agree... I figured that the game was probably a lot better then what he said (even though I hate the style of it... as I do most anime-esque games besides Final Fantasy for some reason) I do enjoy them nonetheless.