SuperBowl XLII

[LaW]Maverick

That was one killer game! I didn't give a crap about either team really, except that I didn't really like that Patriots because of Billacheck (however it's spelled) and his "cheating." Even if you don't call that cheating, it's still cheap.

Anyway, it was amazingly close, and a great game! How often do you actually see that in the Super Bowl? Billacheck proved he should be nominated for Biggest D*(#che in the Universe 2008, however. I mean, storming on the field to demand the last second would have been fine, but then he LEFT THE FIELD and his TEAM behind like a ticked off 10 year old that didn't get his way. He called a near perfect season disappointing not acknowledging how well his team did the rest of the year. What a schmuck!

Anyway, sweet game! :luxhello:

It wasn't even their ball! I have no idea what was going through his head.

Anybody from Minnesota knows how randy moss is on the field. There was a running joke at the superbowl party that randy moss must have influenced the coach a tad too much.

Not so hot after missing TWO hail mary passes. Good job moss :D

Great game...I was rooting for the Giants though expecting, and half hoping, the pats would win. Yea, I didn't want them to win because I don't like them but it would have been cool to see a team go 19-0.

Well, gratz to the Giants & their fans!!!

Now, on to the real reason for the game...were those great commercials or what? I think the Bud Light ones were best..."wheel sucks" LOL

Anybody from Minnesota knows how randy moss is on the field. There was a running joke at the superbowl party that randy moss must have influenced the coach a tad too much.

well first... obviously Brady had something wrong with him.. remember he had that whole foot thing.. and i think something was wrong with his arm.. because he played terribly to what everyone else thought he was going to play... AND Randy Moss is the best WR in the game... he had double coverage that was covering him very WELL... and i was just waiting for him to pull it down. Actually throughout the game i was waiting for Brady to throw it to MOSS... but they wait until the very end to get him some throws.

well first... obviously Brady had something wrong with him.. remember he had that whole foot thing.. and i think something was wrong with his arm.. because he played terribly to what everyone else thought he was going to play... AND Randy Moss is the best WR in the game... he had double coverage that was covering him very WELL... and i was just waiting for him to pull it down. Actually throughout the game i was waiting for Brady to throw it to MOSS... but they wait until the very end to get him some throws.

Good point. Brady did throw some bad ones didn't he?

That and I think the Giants sacked and bothered him enough that he didn't feel he had enough time to wait for Moss to out pace his defenders.

Shaftiel

Edited by shaftiel

I think that the Giants D-Line should have gotten the MVP. They were putting so much pressure on Brady, it really got him off his game. If you look at most of the game during the rest of the season, it was rare to see anyone get any pressure on Brady, and I think that was shaking him up. He missed some easy throws, and I think him thinking he was about to get hit was part of it. I really don't think Eli is that great of a QB, he had 1 good drive, but other then that, his Defense won that game for him.

But meh, the Bears will have a perfect season next year, AND win the superbowl, so this will all be moot ;)

That and I think the Giants sacked and bothered him enough that he didn't feel he had enough time to wait for Moss to out pace his defenders.

Shaftiel

well... this is Tom Brady here...17-0.. into the superbowl.. it wasn't a question if they got tired... or gave up.. your right the giants played some damn good defense... but this is Tom Brady... this usually dosent bother him..

I think that the Giants D-Line should have gotten the MVP. They were putting so much pressure on Brady, it really got him off his game. If you look at most of the game during the rest of the season, it was rare to see anyone get any pressure on Brady, and I think that was shaking him up. He missed some easy throws, and I think him thinking he was about to get hit was part of it. I really don't think Eli is that great of a QB, he had 1 good drive, but other then that, his Defense won that game for him.

But meh, the Bears will have a perfect season next year, AND win the superbowl, so this will all be moot ;)

true.. the dline should have got it.. they played hard. Me... i think Eli Manning isnt that great... he played one hell of a game though. I honestly thought i would see peyton over him... because petyon is.. uhhh ... amazing...

lol... and the bears.. yeaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh no. i am sorry to say the chances of them getting a perfect season are 0% .. they finished 7-9 and dont even get me into the QB problem they got there.

Detroit has a chance for playoffs next year..

Detroit has a chance for playoffs next year..

umm.... is Jon Kitna still their starting QB? Just checking... ;)

Congrats to the Giants, I had an "Eff the Patriots" party at my place for the game, and we were cheering for the Giants almost as hard as we do for our beloved Colts.

I just love it when karma comes back to bite someone in the butt.

nut
(edited)

Jon Kitna

SPLIT CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT

2007 355 561 4068 63.3 7.25 91 18 20 51 80.9

hes not that bad. his downfall is sacks and pressure throws...

I do agree... yes its jon kitna but people give him to much scrutiny.. hes also 35..

better then:

Brian Griese

2007 161 262 1803 61.5 6.88 81 10 12 15 75.6

and

Rex Grossman

2007 122 225 1411 54.2 6.27 59 4 7 25 66.4

sorry kitna cant quite compare to one of the best qbs of all time... Peyton Manning =P

EDIT:

hes better then super bowl winner / mvp eli to...

Eli Manning

2007 297 529 3336 56.1 6.31 60 23 20 27 73.9

Edited by Capt.Coconut

We were talking about Karma that whole game. Man is Bellicheck a schmuck.

That being said, the announcers kept saying how Brady never gets sacked, and they flattened the poor guy several times. His arm looked fine to me, I think his game was just off because he never felt heat like that this season. I mean, you go a whole season hardly being touched and all the sudden you have a 300 pound oaf slamming you to the ground--it's bound to shake you up a little, especially when it keeps happening.

I think the D-Line won it for the Giants.

Jon Kitna

2007 355 561 4068 63.3 7.25 91 18 20 51 80.9

hes better then super bowl winner / mvp eli to...

Eli Manning

2007 297 529 3336 56.1 6.31 60 23 20 27 73.9

Are you comparing Kitna's season stats to Manning's Superbowl winning season stats? That would just be silly.

man, if i had a dollar for everytime "someone" said "that being said..."

that being said, is this miracle played posted on teh interweb anywhere? i still haven't seen it.

that being said, thanks.

It's like the smart-guy way of saying "but". :)