Jacked it up to 32 players

Fatty

Well, with reserves it shouldn't go over 30....

People just won't join an empty server...unless they're dedicated. Personally I will never join another server....(you can check my history using the server status banner link above..ok fine... http://www.gametracker.com/server/216.52.1...%3DG%C3%87%3D-/ )

I really want to see this server succeed....HC gave it some new life.....now we need to follow up. Let's stretch her legs some more.

Consider becoming 100% dedicated to our server....it will pay off...

I stand by my unsolicited advise from another thread. Make the server a 24/7 Dustbowl, Hydro, and gravelpit server and make reference to this in the server name. It is the first server I look at joining but with my limited play time as of late, I cannot sit in an empty server in the hopes that someone will join. The server could be much better than the AA servers but it needs the right format. Also fix up the respawn times. What I've seen work is the offense respawns quicker on dustbowl maps while the defense has a longer respawn time but it all seems to depend on how many are in the game and how many are dead at the time.

100% of my time has been on our server...not that I have racked up tons of hours, but when everyone is in there, I think its a blast...except for the @*$! spies.

I dont play mainly for the game, I like to play with the people I know...especially now that I have moved south, going out for a casual round of golf on Sunday with Fatty and Bub is out of the question...so this is my way to still hang out with my friends :)

GC Founder

Although we read it in the other topic, thanks for the advice, ZD....however....I don't care what map it's playing....it's gonna stay empty unless someone with purpose joins it. Once it starts, people don't leave because of a certain map or anything....and the spawn times are fine...it's not meant to be death match....

Cya in game!

PS. I've seen a bunch of regulars choosing this server as their #1 choice.....and they stay the entire night.....I'm talking about people outside the community... just gotta be tehre to welcome em..

Also, looks like we need to get some stats up and running....I'm seeing HLStatsX advertised in the names of most of the servers that you frequent, Zest....ever check these out? I'll see what NFO has to say...but we might need to set this up on our own....

I stand by my unsolicited advise from another thread. Make the server a 24/7 Dustbowl, Hydro, and gravelpit server and make reference to this in the server name. It is the first server I look at joining but with my limited play time as of late, I cannot sit in an empty server in the hopes that someone will join. The server could be much better than the AA servers but it needs the right format. Also fix up the respawn times. What I've seen work is the offense respawns quicker on dustbowl maps while the defense has a longer respawn time but it all seems to depend on how many are in the game and how many are dead at the time.

That's fine if you have like 6 servers, to dedicate one to a three-map rotation, but most of us are finding the same 6 maps even quite redundant. As for respawns, that's exactly how Dustbowl is. 0-5 seconds for blu, 10-20 for red. That's not special, it's default. And it should be that way. TF is such a successful game because it mixes very well strategy and tactics with twitch play and fiery explosive death. I personally play it for the former, you obviously play for the latter. Zero respawn tunes the game entirely towards the latter. We've already bumped the player count by 33%. There's no way I'm going to drop respawn in an already-oversaturated server. I think maybe HLDM is more your style. You'll find it much easier to just play the game that's right for you than try to wedge some other game into a play format it was never intended to support.

-hC

GC Founder

Yes, it does take more organization with larger teams......

If the server ever starts running on its own, we can certainly tone it back down....I just wanted to see if raising it would help with the lull we're facing....

<shrugs>

I think getting HLStatX up and running will help to keep players returning...only second to making personal connections through good times!

PS. I'll be on tonight!

(edited)

Ugh, i only got to play for 40 min last night.

Fatty kept having to spank his kids into sleeping, while my g/f fell asleep as I explained the different classes to her.

Ill try again tonight to fill er the server up!

Edited by ZesteR

I plan to be in the server this evening as long as there are people in the server. If you see me on friends, hit me up and I will join on in. I do not have but an hour or so to play tonight as i have too much school stuff to finish up. See you all there (maybe).