Like to use IE7 instead of Firefox?

ZesteR

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...urce=rss_news10

Here is some "add-ins" for Internet Explorer 7.

Most of these plug-ins are to compete with some of Firefox's features.

for example,

Quero Toolbar blocks ads

ieSpell is a spellchecker

IE7 Open Last Closed Tab is like Firefox's History > Open Recently Closed Tabs

Personally, I use both web browsers because ie7 is much much better than ie6. A lot of school websites only have support under ie7.

I'm not bashing...and I do understand that certain websites require IE and wont work with Firefox, last I checked, that was because IE uses certain programming that is flawed as far as security goes and Firefox did'nt support it by choice, I think the Java client IE uses was one of them, but that was a while ago, i'm not up on it.

I guess if you have to use it, making it the best you can and customizing it to your needs is nice. But I can tell you one thing for sure from personal experience, when I used to use IE I was constantly plagued with malware and spyware, since exclusively using Firefox...I think I have only removed very minor things twice...and thats in about the last 2 1/2 years. So be careful :)

ie7 definitely starts faster than firefox but that is because ie7 is built into windows where as firefox is an add-on. when you consider that parts of ie7 are used to run windows even when ie7 is not open, ie7 uses more memory.

i just did a test on my computer and they both open as soon as i click and a speed difference isn't noticeable. on most of my client's machines, ie7 opens faster then firefox. also, if you highlight both icons and hit enter ie7 will ALWAYS win.

I must say that I tried sj's suggestion of Safari 3 which works fine in windows, and it's kinda cool. I havent played with it alot yet, but definately worth lookin at for anyone interested in trying new things.Significantly less memory usuage, pages load much faster too. Thx SJ

I must say that I tried sj's suggestion of Safari 3 which works fine in windows, and it's kinda cool. I havent played with it alot yet, but definately worth lookin at for anyone interested in trying new things.Significantly less memory usuage, pages load much faster too. Thx SJ

Don't encourage him.

Shaftiel

Don't encourage him.

Shaftiel

seriously...i like to mess with sj as much as the next guy, lol.....but you should check it out, its a very small program.

no love for lynx? well, i suppose that's because it doesn't support lolcats..

I've devoted a negative feeling for lynx b/c the fat kid at work that doesnt do anything and still has his job uses it...

the only thing i'd like text based is my CL, not web browser (It's not the same to read a picture, than it is to look at a picture :X)