Gears of War 2 Announced

boiler

In case you didn't already know, Gears of War 2 has been officially announced!

Release date has been set for this coming November, which I believe will be 2 years after the first one came out.

Check out the teaser trailer and the tech demo for the updates to the Unreal 3 engine.

The tech demo is pretty cool, and the new dynamic fluid effects are especially impressive.

Looks like they're adding destructible environments too, which would certainly change up those combat techniques! No more camping out in one piece of cover against an emergence hole.

• 2 months later...

It's kinda hard to get a really good look at it on this computer since the video is about 1.5" high. I'm going to download it on xbox marketplace and watch it on my 50" to get some more detail.

The lighting improvements they've made to the unreal engine make a significant difference from the first gears (at least in the tech demo). I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer in a larger HD format to see how it translated.

Gears 2 certainly doesn't have to be revolutionary for me to buy it launch day and enjoy the hell out of it. A few graphical upgrades, a better fleshed-out story, and a few gameplay tweaks would be enough for me :)

It's kinda hard to get a really good look at it on this computer since the video is about 1.5" high. I'm going to download it on xbox marketplace and watch it on my 50" to get some more detail.

The lighting improvements they've made to the unreal engine make a significant difference from the first gears (at least in the tech demo). I'm looking forward to seeing the trailer in a larger HD format to see how it translated.

Gears 2 certainly doesn't have to be revolutionary for me to buy it launch day and enjoy the hell out of it. A few graphical upgrades, a better fleshed-out story, and a few gameplay tweaks would be enough for me :)

My post came with a side of sarcasm larger than the main course.

My post came with a side of sarcasm larger than the main course.

You? Sarcastic? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........

I was just elaborating on thoughts I neglected to include with my link post. I think I'll stop home for lunch to download the video and check it out.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the video of the E3 campaign demo on Live last night, and all I can say is: WANT.

Here is the video (broken up into several sections) for the interwebs - just scroll down to the E3 2008: Demo Part 1 and play.

I highly recommend you download the whole thing off live though and watch it uncut instead.

Riding a Brumak? YES, PLEASE.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Meh, I dont play multiplayer anyway (except with friends locally). :D That way you never have to play against whiny 12-year-olds.

I'm not whiny...

:(

Touche. I also dont play online because 2 - I'd just die a lot to 12 year olds named Jackie, and 3 - I dont want to get hooked on it, then have to renew the membership which is now free :)

HOWEVER, thanks for the info anonymo!

Edited by dragonfly

Simple solution guys - play Horde with your GC buddies!

1. No whiny 12 year olds to kick your butt

2. Play with other real live people, strategize, and have a good time.

3. TONS AND TONS of Locust to shoot/pop/maim/shred/disembowel. Good times all around.

3. TONS AND TONS of Locust to shoot/pop/maim/shred/disembowel. Good times all around.

Actually, that does sound fun...

Actually, that does sound fun...

If you can pull me from Far Cry 2 and boiler away from GTAIV (actually tonight it's more Skate 2, awesome game)