question for apple folk

discom

I like golden delicious apples. I could get behind selling that product.

honey crisp is the best!

How many times was this thread hijacked?

Discom, learn about the product on apple.com and wikipedia.com. I did the same thing while working for target. Even though I didn't like apple products I was able to sell them very well.

ZD...why didn't you just bring to light the fact that we're discussing this in a thread about Apple hiring someone to be apart of their tech support who has never so much as watched the pin wheel for an hour let alone knows how to troubleshoot the p.o.s.

That alone should end any discussion of the matter. SJ looks like db for defending the frozen pizza of the PC world (didn't need this thread) and all is good.

Disco, you are on the internet. You are already over-qualified to be a Mac Genius, don't worry.

SJ looks like db for defending the frozen pizza of the PC world (didn't need this thread) and all is good.
that must be the short list of why i'm a db :D

Disco, you are on the internet. You are already over-qualified to be a Mac Genius, don't worry.
he's got a point there. it's not like you're going to be removing viruses (virii?) and spyware. that kind of fun is saved for the geek squad and their pc groupies.

two words:

turtleneck. :D

technically, we're looking for "mock turtlenecks"

(edited)
heh, that's rich.

adding programs: the graphic shows you what to do. drag icon to applications. drop. end of game.

removing programs: drag the application to the trash. removes all links, files, etc. end of game.

mac's don't steal bad ideas from microsoft. when's the last time you added a program through add/remove programs (assuming you have a windows box somewhere)?

politics drawn in just to demonstrate the isolated "reality" you live in, which goes back to you using a statement because (you believe) it's true, therefore it is true. (edit: also because its fun)

OT:

sj, what version of Ubuntu are you using? Add/Remove Programs works great for me on 7.10. It provides large list of reviewed applications (some installed some not). Anything above and beyond that list is dealt with by the Synaptic Package Manager. Hit me up on PM if you need any more help.

BACK ON TOPIC:

discom, If it's a level one tech support job they're hiring, knowledge of the actual product isn't nearly as important as your interpersonal skills. Let them know of any previous experience you've had where interacting with people was crucial...say, sales, waiter, etc. Another key thing for any job interview is confidence. You know what you are capable of, they don't, let them know.

Edited by dwEEziL

(edited)

Thanks for the advice guys - though I made the mistake of shaving and dressing too nice. The guy interviewing looked incredibly similar to kevin rose..

Edited by discom